I hate Best Buy

Started by Sportsdude, Nov 22 06 07:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

They have a ton of Wii's on hand but they aren't going to give them out until there precious sunday catalog comes in the mail Saturday afternoon. Pathetic.
They're creating hysterial over something that shouldn't hysterical. Nintendo is shipping I think something like a million and a half units by Christmas. This isn't Sony and lets get everyone crazy so people get killed business plan.

So now I've got to go to the little corner Game Stop on Friday morning wait in line at 3am to get 1 of the 5 Wii's that they'll have on sale. Pathetic. While Best Buy has somewhere between 100 of the little suckers. UGH!!!!!

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Oh how narrow-minded Best Buy was there.

Couldn't you wait until Sunday or whenever Best Buy releases these Wii's and then buy it?

Sportsdude

Yeah I probably could but by saying they aren't going to release the Wii's on the biggest shopping day of the year people will be camping out at the corner stores. And by saying not till sunday people will know not to get Wii's until sunday which means about 100 tents at the best buy store.

They are in a sense making this process hysterical when they don't have to.

The earliest I can get in line outside the door of the local Game Stop is 4am. I've got to work. If Best Buy had decided to sell the things on friday morning instead of sunday the campers that usually are at Best Buy will be at my corner store.

People could start fighting each other.

Sportsdude

[a href="http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20061122.gtnintendo22/BNStory/Technology/home"]http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20061122.gtnintendo22/BNStory/Technology/home[/a]

Best Buy is doing the same thing in Canada as well. unbelievable.

purelife

Oh boy, SD....into the hype of games...something that us girls would never understand.

kingy

i actually wouldnt mind getting my hands on a ps3 myself but i wouldnt want to fork over the big bucks for it.

secret santa, where are you?

purelife

Secret Santa doesn't believe that you've been good, kingy.  But, for a small price (bless me 500 times), I will work my magic and "speak" with THE Santa!  Kapish?!    

Sportsdude

apparently the girls love the Wii. Its different and isn't nerdy gamer type of system.  I'm not buying it for myself but for my sister and family. For example there's a tennis game you have to swing the remote like a tennis racket in order to hit the ball.
In baseball games in order to throw the ball you make a throwing motion. In order to hit it you make a swinging motion.
Its unbelievably cool.

Sportsdude

lol I'm a Sony Playstation person but come on 600 dollars no way. Plus the games are 10 dollars more so that 60 bucks.  Expensive.  

purelife

Hmmm, that's weird.  I have two store flyers and it says that it's available on November 19th both Walmart and London Drugs.  Are you guys one week behind?  I heard that it was nationwide on the 19th for the Nintendo Wii.

Yeah, I heard about that SD.  Sounds cool, but games are never really my thing now because I just don't have the time.  I do like a few like Mario classic, tetris and bubble bubble.

Sportsdude

Yeah the Wii you can play old NES, SNES, Sega Gensis, games as well you download them or something. I'm not sure.

Well here in america we have a thing called "Black Friday" its the biggest shopping day of the year so to speak. You wouldn't believe the lines/cars/everything its just TOTALLY INSANE.  If you run a store and can't get the place packed on 'black friday' you shouldn't be in business. Anything and everything is packed even the goodwill stores for crying out loud. lol

Tomorrow since nobody is going down to the farm for thanksgiving (we all hate each others guts) I'm going to go store to store and ask how many of these suckers are they going to have for friday. lol

kingy

purelife wrote:
Secret Santa doesn't believe that you've been good, kingy.  But, for a small price (bless me 500 times), I will work my magic and "speak" with THE Santa!  Kapish?!  

500 blesses? can't i just give you some money when i leave your house tonight like i usually do? lol

purelife

Oh, how generous of you to offer money AND 500 blesses.  So, how about we meet at the 3rd floor at VPL for old times sake. ;)  

Sportsdude

VPL whats that? Vancouver Public Library? Aka the coliseum? I love that building looks so cool  

kingy

what section of the 3rd floor? the romance section?