Quotes?

Started by TehBorken, Mar 01 06 08:58

Previous topic - Next topic
|

TehBorken

What's your favorite quote (or quotes)?

I've always liked this one, but I don't know who said it:

"Democracy is a government where you can say what you think even if you don't think."
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

kits

[SPAN class=body][FONT face=Verdana size=2]"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.[/FONT][/SPAN] "
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

kits

[SPAN class=body][FONT face=Verdana size=2]"No man is so foolish but he may sometimes give another good counsel, and no man so wise that he may not easily err if he takes no other counsel than his own. He that is taught only by himself has a fool for a master."[/FONT][/SPAN]

kits

[SPAN class=body][FONT face=Verdana size=2]"I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me."[/FONT][/SPAN]

TehBorken

[span class="gen_quote"]"America's one of the finest countries anyone ever stole."
Bobcat Goldthwaite  
[/span][span class="gen_author"][/span]
[p align="right"]            [span class="gen_title"][/span]            [/p]

CK

We Canadians live in a blind spot about our identity. We have very strong feelings about who we aren't but only weak ones about who we are. We're passionate about what we don't want to become but oddly passive about what we should be.
John Cruickshank (in McLean's Magazine)

P.C.

A possitive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

[DT class=quote]Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it.[DT class=quote] [DT class=quote] [DT class=quote][A href="http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Jane_Wagner/"][/A] [/DT]

weird al

[H1 style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 200%; lineh-eight: 100%; FONT-FAMILY: tahoma; LETTER-SPACING: -0.05em; font-stretch: extra-condensed"]"Reality is a crutch for people who can't handle drugs." -- Lily Tomlin [/H1][!-- [img]http://photomatt.net/css/dante/title/Reality is a crutch for people who can't handle drugs.    -- Lily Tomlin .png" alt=""Reality is a crutch for people who can't handle drugs."    -- Lily Tomlin " /] --]

weird al

On a more sober note, a major fave:

"Those
who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

tenkani

Great thread!

"Democracy is too important to be left in the hands of the people"[/DIV]  -unknown

"Four legs good, two legs baaaaad."
 -George Orwell

Great troll-related quote    
[/DIV]"I have no opinions -- I believe in nothing -- but assume for the time whatever opinion amuses me or is opposite to that of the person or persons present."
-H.P. Lovecraft
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

TehBorken

"Once, during Prohibition, I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water."
W.C. Fields

kitten

People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid.

Kierkegaard
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Schadenfreude

[FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" color=#7f003f size=5]"I read somewhere that drinking is bad for you, so I gave up reading"[/FONT]
"I used to rock and roll all night and party every day, then it was every other day.  Now I'm lucky if I can find half an hour a week in which to get funky."

P.C.

I ADORE W.C.Fields.

Another of his that amuses me....

I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy.  

|