How's the weather with you?

Started by Gopher, Nov 21 06 11:27

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

Let is snow, let is snow, let it snow.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

could you send me some. Its too hot here. lol  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

*looks outside the window* OMG ITS SNOWING!!!

[font size="1"]i wish that would make throwing papers fun for once.[/font]

P.C.

Lise wrote:   Let is snow, let is snow, let it snow.

Atta girl Lise !!!!!

[img height=85 src="http://www.funfilesandsmiles.com/smileys2/28_4_9.gif" width=110 border=0]
[/DIV]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

Future Canadian

No fair you get snow. Oregon is the same same same. A sky that looks like a sink full of dirty dish water, and cold and rain and wind.
Oooh, I just checked the WeatherPest and we might get snow tomorrow or Tuesday. Should make our tree removal interesting.

...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

Gopher

Surprisingly warm, and even more surprisingly - dry. To make up for this, storms are expected tomorrow.  

Sportsdude

sleeting pretty hard here, my car outside is almost completely white.  

Gopher

How many degrees has the temperature dropped with you in the last couple of days, SD?

Sportsdude

It was 70F yesterday (21C) and its now 27F (-3C) and falling.  Got the window open now letting in the cool air.  Sleeting now suppose to get 1 to 2 inches of sleet then some flurries to light snow.  

Gopher

That's an incredible turn around!

Sportsdude

yeah its not the worst I've seen here.  During the summers when it gets really hot around 100F (37C) and a big cold front comes through it routinely drops temps into the lower 70's and sometimes even the lower 60's (15-21C).

One time I was at a Cardinals baseball game sitting in the upper deck as usual and a storm came through.  The game started it was in the mid 90's and muggy really hot, very uncomfortable.  Then the giant blast of cold air came that always comes before a big storm down here, the wind picked up threw stuff around and it started to pour.  By the time I got home after the game turned on the weather channel and it was 60F outside. lol crazy.

Sportsdude

This is the weirdest storm.  It hasn't snowed yet but its white outside from the sleet.  Feels like hail had to go and rescue Tigger a couple hours ago he was under the house and I came inside and my hair was full of ice. Oh well thats what you get for not wearing a coat I guess. Its -3 C here still comparing that to the 21C it was here yesterday during this time lol what a change.  

Gopher

Suddenly turned warmer, everywhere is dry (for the first time for ages), but the sky's like lead and the general impression is one of deep murkiness.

|