Camping Onboard Shower Question

Started by Russ, Nov 20 06 08:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ

My truck isnt quite finished and on the road yet but Im already thinking about this.. think I should or shouldnt? I think it would come in handy quite a bit.

[A href="http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=360126&page=2&highlight=shower"]http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=360126&page=2&highlight=shower[/A]

Scroll down to post #30 and thats the type of thing I want to do, found this site when I was searching something completely unrelated lol.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

kitten

That looks like a great idea.  A hot shower while camping would be wonderful.  You wouldn't have to go to a campground.  And I suppose you could also run some hot water off to do laundry if needed.  Looks complicated, though.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

wow thats f-ing brilliant! Although it would make skinny dipping totally obsolete.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

I usually avoid campsites if at all possible. If the notion hits me I prefer to be able to listen to music till 6 am with friends without disturbing other people. Especially people with families, they have as much to experience as the next, so why spoil it for them. I enjoyed camping as a child with my parents.

The shower would be great, then like you say SD you wouldnt have to wash in a river or lake. But your theory against skinny dipping is kinda wrong to me. If someone is going to skinny dip they will shower naked, without the water interferring in your view...    

Sportsdude

yeah but the tarp covers the view. hehehe
I love camping miss it dearly.

Russ

Sportsdude wrote:
yeah but the tarp covers the view. hehehe
I love camping miss it dearly.

Oh the setup with the pvc hard piping is too big with all the other stuff I pack up, lol. I will mount the plate exchanger and 12V pump under my drivers side fender, I have my air pump for differential lockers and onboard air under my passenger fender. I will just use garden hoses for the water inlet and outlet with a shower nozzle on the end of the outlet. You will have stand beside my truck and shower with nothing around you, hehe.

You dont need much to camp. Go! Your backyard is yours to discover, I am willing to bet theres lots of places to go and explore not that far away from you that you dont even know about. Im still finding lots of places to doodle in around here. I dont always have to go far and extreme. I sometimes go in my dailydriver for the weekend with a few friends.

Sportsdude

Well I could go camping but my friend who lives out in 'the sticks' goes camping a lot but he works 24/7 now. And my cousin well usually that kind of camping involves all night parties.  

Lise

Handy.... definitely handy. I would install that and a toilet if you can manage that as well.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

lol lise you don't like roughing it I see. You know they do make inflatable beds so you aren't sleeping on the ground.  

Russ

Porta Potty with a bag if we have wimmen folks that desire it or there arent any outhouses around. Its an arguement as to whom takes the baggie home though, lol. We bury the effluent there though.

SD, its pretty much a requirement now to use the air mattresses now. So much better for your back, warmer due to the air insulation from teh cold ground, and they are really compact. I also usually bring my electric blanket along and run it using an inverter from my truck if its too cold. This last time camping though my inverter was burnt out, and my truck wasnt on the road so I couldnt power it. All the trucks already had their outlets spoken for.

Sportsdude

where do you go camping garibaldi? where?  

Russ

Squamish for a quick weekend trip. Otherwise its usually around/ behind Harrison area. Theres a FSR that runs from just past Pemberton (town past whistler) in the valleys and alongside Harrison lake to just before Harrison. Theres oodles of spots along there that lead off to go to lakes, rivers, hot springs. We like it cause then not everyone with an Echo or Aerostar can get there.

Sportsdude

lol i see you like remote.

I want to do the dempster highway sometime want to see the Artic Ocean. NWT now thats remote lol

Russ

Not really remote at all just restricted. If you can believe it there was about 6 inches of snow on the ground where we were camping when I went to the hotsprings, and all the spots for camping were packed. Theres room for 11 sites near the path to the natural hotsprings, and all had 3-4 vehicles with people in them. The other various sites along the way had lots of people as well, we ran a few of the trails to see what they were like.

If lots of people in vehicles like Echo's could get there then they usually have families.. we try to stay away from families so we can have lots of us with soothing background music like Judas Priest, coca cola's and small cooking fires only. Its kindve so we dont destroy other peoples enjoyment of the outdoors.

kitten

That is so considerate.  That's the thing I used to hate about camping in the summer, years ago.  Radios at full blast, people screaming at each other, and loud parties that lasted until dawn.  I think that's why I stopped going, eventually.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.