Dan Osman’s Speed Climbing

Started by TehBorken, Nov 15 06 07:48

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

Pure. Frickin. Insanity. Here's Dan Osman free-scaling a 400-foot sheer wall "Lover's Leap" cliff in just 4 minutes, 25 seconds.
[/p] Yes, this is an old clip. The daredevil died in 1998, when something went wrong while he was performing a "controlled free-falling" (free-falling off a cliff, while relying on a safety rope).[/p][a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsfKrZrgPxs"][/a]
Click the pic or go to [a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsfKrZrgPxs"]Link[/a]  
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Future Canadian

TehBorken you are hooking it up this morning! That was off the hook!
My toes are still trying to uncurl from that leap.

...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

TehBorken

Future Canadian wrote:
TehBorken you are hooking it up this morning! That was off the hook!
My toes are still trying to uncurl from that leap.

I've been really busy with something else and so there's a bit of a backlog, lol.

Russ

thats crazy, when i used to climb, I would sometimes freeclimb a small section, but it was usually a high ten feet off the ground so I wasnt too petrified lol.

that is crazy, props to him. lived his life to the fullest enjoying what he did
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

TehBorken

Russ wrote:  [div style="font-style: italic;"]that is crazy, props to him. lived his life to the fullest enjoying what he did[/div]
 Lol, I often hear that said about people who died young through some sort of misadventure. He lived life to the fullest, right up until he fell/drowned/skidded/got squished/eaten....