Problem replying or adding posts?

Started by TehBorken, Jun 28 10 11:27

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

I got a PM that said some people were having trouble seeing or replying to the "What's For Lunch?" thread....are others having difficulty?? If so, please give tell me exactly what you're seeing (or not seeing).

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Natasha

I've had problems with that thread for at least a week now. I can see others have replied to it but I never see any new posts. The last post I see is

"RE: So.. Whats for lunch?

<<Reply #399979 on Jun 20 10 05:24>>

[TABLE style="TABLE-LAYOUT: fixed" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%"] [TBODY] [TR] [TD vAlign=top rowSpan=2 width="16%"][/TD] [TD height="100%" vAlign=top width="85%"][/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE] Then there is a reply post from Sportsdude to Russ followed by a box that says..

User name:

Phone:

Email:

State:

Register

TehBorken

UPDATE: Never mind, I think it's fixed now. You shouldn't see that form in the post now (but let me know if anyone is still having any trouble). You guys were using Internet Exploder, you should be using [a  href="http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/personal.html"]Firefox[/a]. :)

Natasha wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]I've had problems with that thread for at least a week now. I can see others have replied to it but I never see any new posts. The last post I see is [/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"]"RE: So.. Whats for lunch?[/div] <<Reply #399979 on Jun 20 10 05:24>>

That's not a real post number..... (??)
What do you see when you go here:

[a href="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/index.php?topic=21.msg164209#msg164209"]http://discoverseattle.net/forums/index.php?topic=21.msg164209#msg164209[/a]

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Orik

Try pressing Print screen when you are on the lunch thread, you can then open the Microsoft paint program and paste the screen capture. Crop it if needed to remove identifiers such as your IP number.
Then host it to tinypic or a site similar then you can post that image here to show Tehborken exactly what you see. I am using Firefox 3.6.4 and have no problems with the thread so I can not begin to help..

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Sportsdude

Well... I did say that sushi place was overrated. lol
Revenge of the uncooked fish.

I had an issue with that post as well and I only use firefox.
After I wrote the two paragraphs I saw that there was a spacing problem, but I wasn't able to fix it completely as the post wouldn't let me modify the post again.

I thought that was rather weird, but I didn't think much of it.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Orik

What I see In the lunch thread when using Internet Explorer as a guest.

What I see in the lunch thread on Firefox as a guest and when I am logged in.

I hope this is helpful

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Sportsdude

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

Yeah, I had issues seeing it with IE, Firefox, and then in my other operating system using Safari.

Works fine now! Thanks TB.

Um, I never saw your long reply like that SD. I only saw the little bit. Yeah, ok, I know where the village is now. I remember reading about alot of people complaining of bigger and more dense housing/businesses going up. I tend to agree with you on pricing.. but what can you do? City has to grow and theres no where to go but up. I do think vancouver will also be the focal point, but not the same as it was. To me the new commercial drive is  main street. All the demographics and areas are being pushed. Like what you say about different stores and businesses.. look at marine drive by the fraser to cambie area. Big box stores are going in and all the others are moving out. But to be honest, I tend to do most of my shopping at bigger stores anyhow. The smaller stores have almost no parking near them..
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims