PS3 Crazed

Started by Lise, Nov 11 06 03:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

Have you guys seen the news? Literally thousands of geeky boys lining up the streets of Japan to get their hands on the latest offering by Sony, the PlayStation 3.

Waaaaaah! I want my Halo back.

[FONT face=Arial size=5]Japanese Queue for PS3[/FONT][img height=1 alt="" src="http://www.wired.com/c/s.gif" width=1]

TOKYO -- Thousands of game fans queued for hours, braving Tokyo's early morning chill and occasional showers, as Sony's much-heralded and delayed PlayStation 3 game console went on sale on Saturday.

The PS3 is the latest entrant to the near $30 billion video game industry and will be fighting Microsoft's Xbox 360, on sale for the past year, and Nintendo's Wii, which will be in U.S. stores next week, for market share.

"I've been waiting for this day to come for so long. I'll play it all through the weekend. No time for meals," said hardcore gamer Tomoaki Nakamura, who already owns a PlayStation, a PlayStation 2, a PlayStation Portable handheld machine and an Xbox 360.

Nakamura, 41, was one of about 1,200 people in the meandering line around electronics retailer Bic Camera's flagship shop in central Tokyo.

Further up the queue was Robyn Sinclair, a 25-year-old exchange student from Vancouver. "It's the newest system, the latest and greatest thing ... although the Nintendo Wii looks very interesting, too," said Sinclair, who waited for more than 12 hours in the late autumn chill to score one of this year's hottest holiday items.

In the countdown to the 7.00 a.m. store opening, Ken Kutaragi, head of Sony's game unit, spoke to those in the queue. "I'm grateful that so many people are waiting for the PS3 ... I hope you will enjoy the next-generation entertainment to your heart's content," he said.

[FONT size=1]Source: [/FONT][A href="http://www.wired.com/news/wireservice/0,72107-0.html?tw=wn_index_7"][FONT size=1]http://www.wired.com/news/wireservice/0,72107-0.html?tw=wn_index_7[/FONT][/A]

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

I guess you could call me a Sony fan boy. Game systems have loyal followings. But no way am I putting down 600 bucks for a game system. Don't have that kind of money and its just not worth it right now, game systems are always cooler when you've got someone to play with.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kingy

just wait til they hit the north american market. the will be sold out in a matter of hours.

Russ

Ive had a ps2 for a while and sold it. Bought an Obox, not a 360, and Ill be sticking with that. Its good enough for me, and most of my friends have it as well so we all share our games. None of us will be getting this.  
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Future Canadian

The Gran Turismo series is about as perfect a driving game as one can find. GT5 will prove a pretty big draw for me to wanna score one of these, but 600 clicks just ain't lyin' around here. Moreover, if I had that kinda money to spend would my financial advisor (Mrs FC) let me spend that much on a damn video game?!?
But it's GT5 (w/ Ferrari this time!)

...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others