Election Day

Started by Sportsdude, Nov 07 06 11:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

I voted. Took 1hr. computers kept crashing lol.

Turnout is super high though so saw more younger people then I usually do, mothers and stuff. Usually my district is full of old folks on social security and medicare.    
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

Hope everyone follows your voting example. What time is your result due?  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

Oh gosh this senate race here is so close its a stalemate I don't think we'll know who one until atleast by the time I go to work tonight or if its even closer when I finish working at around 4am.

But polls close at 7 or 8et.

Saw some old nieghbours the conservative one was wearing his NRA hat he didn't look too happy while my democrat nieghbour was really giddy about voting.

Sportsdude

if my conservative friend is any indication its going to be a good night for democrats. He's a social conservative and he voted all democrat much to the desmay to his catholic church going family. They tried to use scare tatics on him it didn't work. He's had enough apparently. lol.

Sportsdude

Did you vote yet Tehborken?

Busy, slow, high turnout?

TehBorken

Sportsdude wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]Did you vote yet Tehborken?[/div] Busy, slow, high turnout?

Yep, I voted. I always vote by absentee ballot, for the last 10 or 15 years anyway.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Sportsdude

So who and what did you vote for

Senate:

Cantwell (D)

McGavick (R)

House:

I'm guessing on your district but I'm going to say Washington's 7th

Initives:

Energy conservation (Initiative 937

Estate tax repeal

Property rights

Property tax exemption

Gopher

Well done, Sportsdude!

Sportsdude

woohoo!

We elected Claire

Passed Stem Cell research

kicked the bums out

took the senate

took the house

rummy resigns

bush is done

and neo conservatism is dead

and south dakota came to there senses

wow what a night!

Gopher

Any idea when the result from Virginia is due?

Sportsdude

Well they'll finish going over the ballot in Fairfax county in Virginia which is a suburb of Washington and strongly democratic sometime today. If the result is more then atleast 11,000 votes Allen isn't going to ask for a recount because a recount usually on gains you 500 votes maximum and obviously 'Macaca' boy is farther behind then that.

Mr. Crew Cut in Montana was declared the winner a couple hours ago over the republican crook.

Only people that I wanted to see win who didn't was Tammy Duckworth and Harold Ford Jr. But Ford is only 35 and he's going places so you haven't heard the last from him.

Sportsdude

oh and I forgot to add Minnesota elected the first muslim to congress.

Gopher

Yes, I heard about this. I've been listening and watching almost as avidly as you.

Sportsdude

Really. cool. I think the world has been watching as well.

Funny now Harper's boyfriend will need consoling now that his legacy is in shambles and his presidency is for all in tense purposes done.