STUPID WEATHER

Started by Lise, Nov 06 06 11:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

been through blizzards where I lost power, been through floods where my home was in danger, been through hurricanes.

A little rain isn't going to hurt.

Rain and an earthquake every 10 to 20 years sounds like heaven compared to the threat of each storm producing tornadoes, hail, flood, powerful winds and killer heat during the summer months.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

Hey PC, is it still raining over where you are on the island?

My parents called me when they got back this afternoon and told me it was grey the whole time they were on the island. It rained most of the time they were in Port Alberni and when they went up to Qualicum Bay.

I was just out changing and alternator and and a charged battery in a friends car on the side of the road. Took me bout ten minutes but I was completely soaked. Just as I finished and started up her car, the rain stopped.

EDIT: I was just out changing AN alternator AND ALSO a charged battery in a friends car on the side of the road.

Sheesh. My spelling is going up the creek here, sorry.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

It poured all night and all morning.  Around noon, the sky cleared and was blue, but WINDY......REALLY WINDY.  And warm????  Holy moly it was warm....still is.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Russ

Yeah it got super windy as well here, but not WARM (lol i like that, 'bless') wind.  My parents said they were stuck somewhere for two hours as a tree fell over onto the road and crushed someones legs who was in the car that got hit. they got some logging vehicle to get the tree off.    
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

OMG....that was awful.  That was in Cathedral Grove.  Unbelievable timing to pass that spot at that moment.  When a tree falls in Cathedral Grove, YOU KNOW IT. (even if there isn't anyone around to hear it)

Lise

Uhm... yes, if you put it that way, PC, I guess rain is the most tolerable of all the disasters out there. [FONT size=1]*puts head down in shame*[/FONT] Doesn't mean I have to like it though.

Traffic collision where I live due to the rain. Sucks. Pine needles in my gutter clogging everything up. Double sucks.    
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

lol....NO shame Lise.  We all do it.  

Then in the summer time, we all wish for sunshine, and then complain about the heat.  It seems to be a simple case of human nature.  And I agree....sometimes the rain can be a little annoying.  I usually try to focus on the things I LIKE about the rain.  I love the sound on the roof and the skylights (it feels a little bit like cheating nature, to be so warm and cozy by the fire while it's raining cats and dogs)

I've always liked the sound of rain on a tarp or tent (or even my umbrella)  *same reason as above*    

Canterberry

P.C. wrote:
lol....NO shame Lise.  We all do it.  

Then in the summer time, we all wish for sunshine, and then complain about the heat.  It seems to be a simple case of human nature.  And I agree....somethimes the rain can be a little annoying.  I usually try to focus on the things I LIKE about the rain.  I love the sound on the roof and the skylights (it feels a little bit like cheating nature, to be so warm and cozy by the fire while it's raining cats and dogs)

I've always liked the sound of rain on a tarp or tent (or even my umbrella)  *same reason as above*  [/DIV]
 I agree!

I also love seeing beutiful girls walking in the rain. Something about it? Its so..so.....what is the word I am looking for? Amazing!!

Future Canadian

OMFG it has been dumping buckets here in Oregon, too. And warm, too. Ran late this morning so I had to take the scooter out in to the wind and rain and piles of wet leaves and bleh.
I finally gave up on being salty about the rain tonight while I walked the dog. It was fun to just stomp in puddles and see how wet we could get.

...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

Gopher

P.C. wrote:
   I've always liked the sound of rain on a tarp or tent (or even my umbrella)  

[FONT color=#6000bf].........................[/FONT]

But it doesn't compete to the joy of listening to it on the window panes, singing its ancestral song while you're snug in bed.

However, thick fog this morning.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.