Gary Larsson

Started by Mutilated Mind, Nov 05 06 09:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Mutilated Mind

Look at a cartoon by Gary Larsson and tell me this isn't funny.
You can do that by e-mail if you want : [email protected]

Russ

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Mutilated Mind

Is your hearing impaired ?

Russ

No. I just happen to disagree with you.

I also dont get what you mean by the second line with the email address.

Mutilated Miind

Russ wrote:
No. I just happen to disagree with you.
I also dont get what you mean by the second line with the email address.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, if you disagree, perhaps you could state how or why. That's what a forum is for. "What?" just won't do, you know.

As for your second point, if you read my post again you will surely get my meaning... if you can be quizzical, so can I.  :)

Adam_Fulford

Gary Larsson is also a damned good guitarrist.

Mutilated Mind

He is ?
How do you know, Adam Fulford ?

Russ

You know what MM? You are right lol. I reread it a few times and it clicked. Sorry, I put the 'what' moreso for me as it didnt make sense.

I still dont like his Far Side cartoons. I think they are too weird in left field to be humorous. If theres nothing else to read in a doctors waiting room Ill read them.

But to each his own IMO. I for sure have a different humour than yours.

Mutilated Mind

Russ wrote:
You know what MM? You are right lol. I reread it a few times and it clicked. Sorry, I put the 'what' moreso for me as it didnt make sense.
-----------------------------------------------
Thanks.  :)

And Russ wrote some more:
I still dont like his Far Side cartoons. I think they are too weird in left field to be humorous. If theres nothing else to read in a doctors waiting room Ill read them.
But to each his own IMO. I for sure have a different humour than yours.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

You don't like them ? I am surprised, but certainly, why not. It's a matter of taste. And it's true, they are often somewhat weird, particularly if you are more into the vaudeville or slapstick kind of humor. If you go to his website http://www.thefarside.com as I did when I wrote this topic, you will see two cartoons of his, and the lower one is definitely "weird" (but still funny to me). It shows a woman waterskiing and, looking around, noticing Death, also waterskiing, catching up with her... Of course, as long as it's humor.... this one has some "make-you-think" virtue.

Mutilated Mind

BTW, the cartoon I was just talking about.... it's not something I would particularly advise you to look at in a doctor's waiting room.... :P