The Edwards Sucks -- Totally Overrated!

Started by WW, Nov 05 06 12:58

Previous topic - Next topic

WW

I used to live at The Edwards on 5th Avenue and Denny for a long time and it is completely overrated and a dump. When I moved in it was nice and quiet. And as time passed, the building went to crap. The keys to the all of the apartments and front door were stolen and management never changed the locks! And even after a rash of thefts that occured afterwards, they still insisted it was safe.

Then there was the annoying woman on the 4th floor who was the building busy body. She would slowly pick on tenants and complain about things that were untrue. I even heard that she went so far as to break in to somebody's apartment and left notes and it took the police to get her to stop but management still did not intervene. She also let her dog run loose around the building then complained about other people's dogs.

The handymen don't know what they're doing, and are on drugs. They show up in the middle of the night to do work, take forever to get something done, complain when asked to do repairs, and feel the need to assist little miss nosey with her harassment spree.

The building keeps getting more and more run down. There is thick smoke in the hall at all times, and the hobos outside keep yelling all night.

I know a lot of people in the area thought it's a cool building but it's really not once you live there for a while.

Ummm...yeah...that's about it. Just thought that i'd warn people about the place.

weird al

that  is a nice piece of writing ^ . sounds like the first page of a quirky and interesting book. probably more fun to read about it though, than to live it everyday..

WW

I feel like writing a book about it. The only amusing part about living at the Edwards is that when you yell at the hobos to shut up at 2am, they yell some pretty amusing things back, then other people in the building start yelling at them too. I don't know...perhaps I'm more of a suburbs type of person...there were just so many pretentious people in that area. The people in that building, if you said hi to them in the elevator, they'd just stare at you like you're evil or too good to be talking to you when there isn't really anything great about them to begin with...if you want to get in to a who's the coolest contest...But the biulding is definately on a very bad downslide. The only good thing about it is that it's walking distance to everything and it's a pet friendly place since most downtown places aren't. But it's not worth the price. The rent when I left in the summer was $650 for a studio and it was heat controlled and even in winter, they barely turned the heat on. They also fail to mention the whole heat control thing when you sign a lease too.

I leased the place through April, who is well known in Seattle as a "leasing agent". She's very nice and goes out of her way, but she completely lied to me about the heat thing. Spent first night there freezing cold in the middle of winter!  But she does have the coolest apartments...just stay away from the ones managed by the same place as the Edwards though.