The Neighbor-From-Hell Thread

Started by Neighbor, Nov 02 06 11:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Neighbor

Who or what were the worst neighbors you've ever lived next to? What did they do, what kind of trouble did they cause?  

Neighbor

I'll go first. :)

I lived next to a couple of speed freaks/heroin junkies. Their yard was a junk heap of rusting cars, tracsh, and numerous filthy, destructive dogs that barked day and night. They had parties that started at midnight and went for hours, and they weren't quiet parties- they were the gunshot-and-breaking-glass kind  of parties. We suffered through their shit for 5 years until (thank god) we moved.

Lise

My old geezer of a neighbor has managed to show his bare nipples to me. His bathroom window looks out to my kitchen.

And thank goodness, our windows are so that I've not had the pleasure of looking down his little general.

Our last neighbor on the right has managed to almost burn their house down. Can't imagine what woulda happened had the flames come over to our place. Fire must have come from all the pot they were growing. Thank goodness the landlord kicked them out.  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lise

weird al wrote:
It was mildly satisfying to do this, but I often wonder if I could have gotten away with murder. I have to admit I didn't like where my mind was at at that time  :)

al...................... that's asking to be.......................... nevermind.            

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

lets see along long time ago I had nieghbours that yelled at each other and fought each other at night. Big fight happend at 10pm once the woman took her two kids and went to I Europe somewhere.

Then this couple moved next door and they'd have parties til 2am in the morning on a school night and my window was right by there backyard, I heard everything, every laugh, every joke, and any music that was playing.

These people also had crazy dogs. They would not shut up and the owners refused to yell at the dogs and teach them that barking at the wind for 6hrs a night every night is not normal and is bad behaviour. They thought that would be mean. So every night as I'd try to go to sleep the dogs would bark and bark and bark for hours on end. I developed insomnia.

We'd walk outside in our backyard the dogs would bark, we couldn't wonder into our own backyard for the two dogs to start yapping. I'd yell at them from my window to shut up. Obviously we weren't invited to the wedding. lol.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

weird al

Too late now, but if you record the dogs and play them back to themselves, they hate it! I've seen it work. Do it enough, and they'll bark themselves hoarse.

Sportsdude

I thought about buying one of those super high pitched dog whistles but I never came around to buying it.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Trollio

1993. In London. The guy who lived in the flat next to me was fond of playing Eagles and Rolling Stones songs on the guitar at 3 AM. Thing was, he couldn't play the guitar or sing. Now I, being of the nocturnal persuasion, had no real problem with this. I had long ago learned to sleep through noise during the day, so his shenanigans in the middle of the night didn't bother me.

But the man upstairs, well, you can imagine.

Eugene (the offender) was bonkers, pure and simple. The man upstairs, something of a wallyish type ("nerdy", for North Americans), would come downstairs to Eugene's flat and bang on his door, only to end up in verbal altercations that I could overhear, and which would make me convulse in laughter.

The man upstairs would say the kind of things you would expect... "could you please turn the music down", "I'm trying to sleep", and progressively clever forms of pleading.

Eugene would answer with comments like "Do you want to come in and have a cup of tea?" or more agitated, "You look after your kids and I'll look after mine." Neither of them had kids and lived alone.

For reasons which I'm neither sure of nor comfortable with, Eugene took a liking to me, and would, during regular hours, communicate to me how much he liked "half-cast" girls (a ridiculous old term for mixed race), and try to get me to share tea with him (which he mixed with coffee), and various other things.

One day he spent about three hours trying to discover why it was his car would not start. He insisted that his petrol gauge was broken and that there was absolutely no way that a lack of same could be the problem. He went out and bought a new battery, to no avail. At the end of that three hours, he finally accepted the verdict of his mechanic friend, that the damned thing was totally out of petrol.

Had he not been so bloody entertaining, I guess he would have to be my worst neighbour.
one must be intelligent to get intelligent answers.
— bebu

Lise

Hahahahahaha...... sh...t, that's one funny neighbor, Mr. T.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

Im the worst neighbor to the neighbor behind us I guess. He has been a jerk, rude, and inconsiderate to us since he had his house built right behind us and moved in.

He had his garage built right to the end of the property line on the alley side, then all the way to the edge of the property on the one side. The other side doesnt have enough room to completly get a car by so he drives partly on the other neighbor beside him to get into his back yard, which is where his biggest problem is.. its all been concreted... against all Vancouver bylaws and all the neighbors reported him. So he has to remove the 15k in concrete from his backyard which will cost him a pretty penny.

His other problem is that his garage opens into the alley, is far too close to the property edge, and the sides of the garage doors are too narrow to allow a one turn swing into the garage to park. Our garage side is right on the back property line, but we enter from the side. Our fence doesnt go all the way back to the edge of the garage so theres a spot thats paved (our property) he uses to get into his garage.. We sometimes park there as we are completely off the alley, but on our property. He has come over and yelled at us to move and all sorts of insults cause he cannot get into his garage. We usually are the type that says ok, just let us know, or try to be nice.

Ive stopped. A few weeks ago I was loading stuff into my truck parked on the pad. He came out and started screaming at me, telling me that I am useless and am the problem for him since he came into the country and worked hard to get where he is, etc etc. I just laughed and told him Im on my property as we told him before. Im also not staying there for ever, just loading my truck, if someone comes comes to get into his garage I will move. Not good enough for him. I then told him if he isnt civil to us, stops insulting my mother calling her all sorts of names whenever she comes over, I will put my fence to the edge of my property line like he has done, and he will not be able to drive on it to get into his garage and he can go f*ck himself. He muttered to himself as he digested that, but I havent had him complain to me since, and he has smiled and waved to me last few times I drove by him.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Adam_Fulford

I once had next door neighbors -- a male couple -- who constantly played loud music, usually rap.  They also liked bringing young male street-kid types over for drugs/sex/who-knows-what and often got into physical altercations involving (from what I made out of their loud arguments) money/debt/theft and drugs. I once saw them drop empty syringes from their window.  They owned a cat that constantly meowed and  was partly responsible for the reeking odor that emanated from their apartment. They never adequately responded to my repeated requests to keep down the volume.   I sure didn't want to fight them, not wanting to pick up hepatitis or whatever other diseases they were infected with. Ultimately, they were booted out by the building manager for involvement in a car theft ring that operated in the building's parking lot.

Mutilated Mind

Lise wrote:
My old geezer of a neighbor has managed to show his bare nipples to me. His bathroom window looks out to my kitchen.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A real neighbor-from-hell. What did you do ?
Did you show him yours ?
That should have showed him.

Gopher

Am I alone in never having had a neighbour from hell?
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Mutilated Mind

P.C.

I had a neighbour with a barking dog from hell.  The people were just fine, but I was a little shocked at the emotion this wretched beast brought out.  I'm an absolute animal lover, but I wouldn't have wept if this thing met an untimely death.  Thank Gawd they finally moved........other than that, I have been OK with my neighbours over the years.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.