Foreign Accents

Started by Gopher, Nov 01 06 10:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Gopher

Which do you find the most sexy?  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

purelife

British accent on a tall good looking guy is VERY sexy.  And if he's wearing that certain cologne, then OMG OMG.....yummy.  

Australian isn't that bad either.  

I don't often get the chance to hear accents so when I do, it's absolutely a treat.

Lise

Yours and yours alone, Gopher baby.

I actually think Canadian accent is quite sexy.  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lise

Aussie accent sexy??? I beg to differ. They're a tad crude unless it comes from a decent looking bloke like Hugh Jackson.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

I've got two voices. Don't like one of them though the southern one is just stupid.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Really?  Crude?  I guess that I haven't been around them for long to really think about it.

When I was in the UK, I never really liked their accents.  I found some people to be so harsh.  I just like accents when the guys have lived in Canada and their accents mix with ours.  Hmmm, I hope that made some sense.  

Gopher

Agreed, a Canadian-British accent is wonderful, after that I'll go for French.  

Lise

Ah look, SD has two voices in his head. *snicker snicker snicker*

I used to like the French accent until I visited France and got.... 'snubbed' by the locals.

English accents are lovely though. Very cultured and refined.

The one accent I can't understand though is the Cockney (spelling?) accent. My uncle speaks with that and I had to listen really, really hard.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Italian isn't all that bad either, I think.

Gopher

I find Cockney pretty hard going too, but have you ever heard Geordie (Newcastle area), it's terrific.  

purelife

I dislike the Cockney accent as well.  Too harsh for my liking and tastes.  Two thumbs down!  

Lise

Hmm.... never heard of Georgie.... that's new for me. I bypass Newcastle area, should have stopped there for a visit. I think the industrial landscape put me off.

I gotta run, guys. Take care. *gone in a flash of bygone panties*
Bill Cosby.

Russ

Yes, I work with many people from all over the UK. I have lots of trouble with people with cockney and jordie accents. (wait is the way you spelled it geordie they way to spell it? Most of the UK peoples I worked with spelled it the way I did).

That being said I have a funny story. I joined a vessel and met a guy onboard with a pure Irish accent, most everyone onboard and myself thought he was Irish, until he told us he was east coast canadian so we all assumed he had recently immigrated. A month later we found out he didnt, he was born and raised on one of the smaller island communities that still has the perfect Irish accent along with their customs. I found that amazing.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

TehBorken

I think Japanese/Chinese/Cambodian accents are very sexy. Same with Thai and Vietnamese.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Orca

For sexy-ness: I am with Merovingian.

It's got to be French (France) with all the proper tonalities.