Foreign Accents

Started by Gopher, Nov 01 06 10:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Marik

Sexy...? I don't know, but I'm fond of Russian accents.  

P.C.

I adore an English accent.....and most preferably, a Cockney accent.  I'm not fond of the stiff, fancy upper crust British accent, but the more earthy, 'crude' English accent.  Australian always sounds 'fake' or 'put on' to me.  My Grandma was born just outside of France, and she was a funny comical ol' gal....so I just find THAT accent to be funny and comical.

I always found myself with a 'Haley Mills' accent in my fantasies. (rofl)
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

LondonBoy

Cockney lingo rulez.........Can also speak with the upper crust English lingo an all......if drunk !!
If You Believe In The Will Of God, The Will Of Satan Will Never Destroy Thee.

LondonBoy

Cockney lingo rulez......can aspeak with the upper crust British accent aswell...........when pis*ed drunk.........Ahahahahahahaha        

Gopher

Russ wrote:
 Yes, I work with many people from all over the UK. I have lots of trouble with people with cockney and jordie accents. (wait is the way you spelled it geordie they way to spell it? Most of the UK peoples I worked with spelled it the way I did).

[FONT color=#0000ff].........[/FONT]

[FONT color=#0000ff][/FONT]

[FONT color=#0000ff]I ate out with a girl from Geordieland last night, and she assured me that it IS spelled with a G.[/FONT]
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Russ

Gopher wrote: [FONT color=#0000ff]I ate out with a girl from Geordieland last night, and she assured me that it IS spelled with a G.[/FONT][/DIV]
 Huh! Okay, thanks for the info. Thats surprising.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Gopher

I wonder what the derivation of the word Geordie might be?  

Lise

LondonBoy wrote:
Cockney lingo rulez......can aspeak with the upper crust British accent aswell...........when pis*ed drunk.........Ahahahahahahaha

I'm not even sure you can talk in any language at all when drunk, LB.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Trollio

Hello ladies. I believe I have the accent you're looking for.    

The origin of the term Geordie is in some moth-eaten story of our nation's history having to do with competing monarchies and the like some 250 years ago. Supposed to come from George (i.e. "Georgie"), denoting support for that pack of royals.

Australian is simply a bizarre accent. Most accents in English tend to be about pronunciation of vowels. The Aussies can make an O sound like about three vowels at once. Repulsive.

Examples:

bus
 London: baass
 Manchester: booss
 Glasgow: boss
 Bristol: buhss or burss
 Australia: bass
 Ireland: bawrss

The sound "ou" is also great fun, as Canadians already know. But in Northern Ireland the word power is pronounced "poyur", and out as "oyt".
one must be intelligent to get intelligent answers.
— bebu

LondonBoy

* hick..hick..hickity.. .hick *

Sheery Liseey,

I didnent quitez undarshand fhat......hick...hick....

you arr verily hawty...no, noghty wadie......hick.....hickity.. hick....

shee youu laitarrr

no iff aye sheee yous hirst..........solly....firste !                            

Future Canadian

A sweet Irish brogue and I'm anybodys.
French, Canadian, and British accents are sexy, too.  
...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

I heart USA!

Lise wrote:
I actually think Canadian accent is quite sexy.

Canadians have accents? I always think of the Canadian speak is monotone and flat??

P.C.

Everybody has an accent, it depends on where you are *said in monotone voice*
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

Yep and depends on what you're not wearing... I mean wearing.......
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Gopher

Hmm, the where and the wear.

|