Saint Louis most dangerous city in America!

Started by Sportsdude, Oct 30 06 09:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

[A href="http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061030/ap_on_re_us/city_crime_list"]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061030/ap_on_re_us/city_crime_list[/A]

Alright! Yes!!! Way to go Saint Louis! This is something to be proud of, teach them Compton, Detroit, Flint Michigan boys that you don't mess with the best when it comes to crime. Another proud day as a Saint Louisian, way to make me proud!
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

CK

That is crazy? I would have never thought about it unless you pointed it out. First place I think of crime in the US is Detroit, etc.

I thought St. Louis would be peaceful now, didn't they win some ball tourney?

Sportsdude

Its the gangs. They like to rape and pillage the place. Saint Louis was like 5th worst at one point a couple years ago. But the gangs got together decided that they were slipping not doing enough killing etc. So they got there act together and decided to put St. Louis back on top where it belongs. Meanwhile more people are moving out to where I live in the white safe but boring suburbs. People are getting fed up. I walk down the most dangerous street in Saint Louis every weekend to go to habitat for humanity. The first day I was there a couple hours earlier there was a shootout at the same street corner. Killed a couple people. Apparently some guy just walked up to a car and pulled out a hand gun and shot this guy in the head.

But it doesn't matter where you live in Saint Louis you could live in the 'white' part (South City) and you'd get gun fights in your backyard every once in a while.

I think I've told everyone the story of me and the bike gang once?

If not here's the story.

A couple years ago on our way back from Florida my Dad took the wrong turn in East Saint Louis and went across the MLK bridge instead of staying on the interstate. The MLK bridge leads to downtown. It was 2am we went right by the arch and there was this gang on about 20 suzuki bikes and a truck waving guns in the air and bouncing to rap music. RIGHT DOWN MAIN STREET!!! imagine a gang going through Robson in Vancouver. no cops around no nothing.

CK

Scary man!

I took a wrong turn in Los Angeles once and got lost in an industrial area. Fortunately, some good people gave us the right directions to get to the right place. Still, it was like nothing I ever seen anyplace else.

Sportsdude

oh north saint louis is like that. Its like two worlds.

Gopher

Sportsdude, when is your city council going to offer you a large sum of money to keep you from telling it like it is?
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

My city council? I don't live in the city. From 1960 to 1970 the city lost 400,000 residences, then from 70-80 they lost 200,000 people. Ask them before you ask me. Its a culture of neglect here.

Gopher

...of which you don't neglect to tell us! Keep up the good work.      

Sportsdude

What is going on in Saint Louis is something you can't fix. Parts of the area North Saint Louis for example have had generations and generations of neglect. You can't fix a problem when there's no solution. It has to come from people in the county and why they moved out of the city. It started with racism, then went to crime and now neglect. 350,000 or so people live in Saint Louis. It used to be 1 million. Tell the 1 million people out in the suburbs (like myself) why they live where they live. I can't answer for them because I'm a transplanted citzen.

Gopher

Maybe they are just so worn down by everything that they have become too apathetic to move out.  

Lise

Boy! Sorry to hear that, SD. Wow. Solution: Find a Canadian girl quickly and get married!!!!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Gopher

Darn it, that was the advice I was going to give as well.

Sportsdude

Lazy!

[A href="http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20061029/Edmonton_shooting_061030/20061030?hub=TopStories"]http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20061029/Edmonton_shooting_061030/20061030?hub=TopStories[/A]

Canada isn't much better than the USA for violent crimes!

Sportsdude

[SPAN class=postbody]Here's a typical year in the life of a Saint Louisian:[/SPAN]

[SPAN class=postbody][/SPAN]

[SPAN class=postbody]I've lived in the city all my life and haven't had any problems other than the usual getting your car broken in to, that sort of thing. This year in the neighborhood there have been a couple of murders (shootings, a hammering or whatever you would call it), and the typical drunken fun. You know crash your car then wrestle with the police and get shot. There was a SARAH alert kidnapping and some drunks crashed and knocked the power out on the block for a day. At least they are usually minimally disruptive with their antics though. You could think of it as a free source of entertainment of sorts. [img alt="Very Happy" src="http://www.stltoday.com/forums/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif" border=0][/SPAN]