Favorite Sound?

Started by TehBorken, Feb 28 06 09:01

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Future Canadian

...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

Witch

P.C. wrote:
Good thinking good Times.  I've made a few of my friends snicker on occasion too, when it comes to sniffing out an odor.  I maintain, that I can SMELL when it's going to snow.  Oh sure....they all laugh until the morning, when we wake up under a blanket of snow.

My Grandfather used to tell me the same thing. He was right most of the time too. One day he taught me how to smell snow coming. It wasn't that he could describe it, he just told me to come outside and smell the air.

"See how it's different today" he said, "how it smells kind of tingly in the back of your nose? That's the smell of snow coming".

People think it's because I'm a Witch that I always know when it's going to snow. How do you explain that it's not because I'm a Witch, it's because I'm a grandson?

My boy is three years old now. In a few years I will start teaching him. I'll teach him how to smell snow, how to whistle with grass, how to make a flute from a willow branch, how to listen for rain in the song of crickets. I'll put my hand on his shoulder as he whittles his first rabbit trap, and I'll feel the hand of my grandfather on my shoulder. I won't turn around, but if I did I know I'd see a line of fathers and sons stretching back until the beginning of time. I am who I am because of them, and I pray my son will see them someday too.

TehBorken

P.C. wrote:
I'm impressed TehBorken.  [/div][div] [/div][div]He's just another loser that thinks this will somehow "destroy" the forum. That's okay, he can post the images and we'll remove them. If that's the way he wants to spend his day, okay by me. It's a lot faster removing them than inserting them. I expect I'll wake up tomorrow and spend a few minutes cleaning up the troll poop.
[/div][div]
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Future Canadian

That smell has some sort of element of dust, cold, and ice. It's fascinating to take in.
...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

Future Canadian

The smell of snow coming that is, not troll poop.

Good Times

TehBorken wrote:
Oh, I'm sure this weenie will be back. No matter, he doesn't seem to realize that once you've loaded the image it's cached and doesn't really slow anything down.

Unfortunately it's effective against those of us on dialup. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/traurig/e015.gif" border=0]
No damage done though. I just had to stop loading of images.

Good Times

Future Canadian wrote:

Ha ha! Another ace, and another blessing for good humor!

acre

Sportsdude

another attack spoiled. lmao
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Future Canadian wrote:

Ha ha! Another ace, and another blessing for good humor!

I second that emotion.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

me

TehBorken wrote:
Along the lines of "favorite word", what's your favorite sound?

I've always liked the sound of ice cubes in a glass. I don't know why, it's just a nice sound.

my sound that i like is big wet nasty farts

Good Times

me wrote:
my sound that i like is big wet nasty farts

You should record them (carefully!) add some mellow background music and market them as meditation CDs!

news hound

P.C. wrote:

News Hound, those ARE AWESOME.  I like all those things also, but they're not things that are on the top of ones head.  Bless you for bringing those up.

HAAAYYY a blessing from P.C.!  a first. thanks P.C.!

i have many sounds in mind but those were off the top of me head.

Good Times wrote:
[snip] "clack". Pulled the 2 ends of the lock apart and voila! It opened.   [/DIV]good times.

CK

I like the sound of my friends boat as I am being towed on a air chair in the summer. (not much of a car racing person).

Yuki

I [heart] the sound of music[/DIV]I [heart] sounds of the wind[/DIV]I [heart] The sounds of my cute cats[sometimes][/DIV]I[heart] the sound of rain/rivers/waves

|