Favorite Sound?

Started by TehBorken, Feb 28 06 09:01

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

Hubby was at the F1 in Monaco.....and we have done the Indy in Vancouver.  He says there is no comparison between the two (except that they're both open wheel)  He loves his F1 racing, and says you absolutely can't 'be there' without ear-plugs.

I, on the other hand am tickled pink to finally have a car that just turns over when I start it up.[/DIV]Now THAT sounds good to me.[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0]  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Future Canadian

Wow! Cool Mr. PC ya got there. Indeed there is a big difference between fi/indy, I just wanted to differentiate from big ol' NECKCAR type throaty roars (which are alright too). That's cool he's been to Monaco, I was there in 76 but I was but a wee tyke and hardly remember it. I go to the Portland CART race every year. It was actually seeing it live like that that brought me back around to being a huge race fan. The first time I truly heard a start (even with earplugs-natch), the tingle up the back of my spine was indescribable-I've been hooked ever since.
...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

Sportsdude

Monaco is up there on my list but I plan to visit Le Mans first.[/DIV]Indy 500 is overrated in my opinion. Hasn't been 'good' since F1 took it of its schedule in the 60's.

Let see there also is Spa on F1 circuit where half the track its raining and half it isn't. [/DIV]Like F1 sound bettter but this year they have rid themselves of the v10's I believe due to cost (damn ferrari) so the cars will have a rougher sound to them.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Good Times

P.C. wrote:
Good thinking good Times.  I've made a few of my friends snicker on occasion too, when it comes to sniffing out an odor.  I maintain, that I can SMELL when it's going to snow.  Oh sure....they all laugh until the morning, when we wake up under a blanket of snow.

Being able to smell natural events is a well known, however often denied, olfactory skill we posess.

I forgot their names, there're natives living on an island off the coast of India, who were able to smell the tsunami before struck. They moved to a higher ground just in time and that's what enabled them to survive.

Their contact with the civilized world is minimal and they've been practising this for generations.

One of the things I can smell is what my neighbors are cooking. From the smell alone I can usually tell

- the cooking method employed[/DIV]- most of the ingredients[/DIV]- how it'll taste like[/DIV]- and what it needs to make it better  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/e006.gif" border=0]

Sportsdude

I like the smell of rain and the coldness of snow.

P.C.

Our sense of smell is one of our strongest nostalgic links.  For example, every once in a while, the smell of a roast pork, mixed with the smoky smell from the wood stove, combined with a few other elements, can put me so IN a place and time from childhood.  It's SO strong, that it  feels more like being transported in time, than it is a memory.  ...and it's not every time I cook a roast pork.....everything has to be just right.

Hubby checks the weather site every morning....but every evening before, I most often KNOW what it's going to do....and I'm most often right.  I'm running a better average than the meteorologists.

I have a friend who e-mails me the night before he golfs, to ask me if he should take his rain gear.  He calls me the witch from the north. LOL

Sportsdude

wow our first troll. congrats.

Sportsdude

Aren't you special your favourite sound most be the beep that a bar code reader does.

Differnt songs have differnt meanings to me same with smells..  

P.C.

Yayyyyyy TehBorken.  Always on top of things.[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c011.gif" border=0]

Future Canadian

Three cheers for the troll snuffer.
...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

Good Times

Sportsdude wrote:
wow our first troll. congrats.[/DIV][/DIV]
 Not the first, we've had others before.

I wonder if that was EED, who's known for his fondness for extra large images.

I see that the images have been removed already. Good riddance!

Sportsdude

TehBorken

Oh, I'm sure this weenie will be back. No matter, he doesn't seem to realize that once you've loaded the image it's cached and doesn't really slow anything down.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Good Times

Sportsdude wrote:
Aren't you special your favourite sound most be the beep that a bar code reader does.

LOL. EXCELLENT use of humor against a troll! Deserves a blessing.

P.C.

I'm impressed TehBorken.  

[img style="BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; BORDER-TOP: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px" src="http://ghettobaby.net/Emoticons/0803emotes/adore.gif"]

|