Favorite Sound?

Started by TehBorken, Feb 28 06 09:01

Previous topic - Next topic
|

kitten

I also love the sound of waves crashing on the shore, and also the sound of a train whistle off in the distance.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

kevlar

[HR class=hrcolor width="100%" SIZE=1][DIV style="OVERFLOW: auto; WIDTH: 100%"]'I like the sound of the firewood burning in the fireplace.[/DIV]I like the sound the rain makes against the windowpane.[/DIV]I like the sound of laughter, especially kids.[/DIV]I like the sound the wind makes when it makes its way in the trees.[/DIV]I like the sound of the waves crashing against the rocks on the shore.'[/DIV][/DIV]Thats why I love you Purelife !!  I couldn't have said it any better. Although I must add I love the sound of the cork as its pulled out of my favorite bottle of wine.

Witch

Hand skin on drum skin

cutezz

A kitty's meow...(unless it is at 3 in the morning) ha ha ha...also my moms voice

news hound

kitten wrote:
A cat purring loudly.  So relaxing.sitting in a car with the engine off and listening to the rain pelt the roof

hockey sticks slapping a puck around on a backyard ice rink

locks or safes being lockpicked (in movies)

the needle being placed on a scratchy record

some soft-shoe

49er

purelife wrote:
......I like the sound of the waves crashing against the rocks on the shore.  take my word....its not as good as it sounds.....kept me awake late each night for months until I got used to it

P.C.

News Hound....kitten wrote:
A cat purring loudly.  So relaxing.[/DIV]sitting in a car with the engine off and listening to the rain pelt the roof

hockey sticks slapping a puck around on a backyard ice rink

locks or safes being lockpicked (in movies)

the needle being placed on a scratchy record

some soft-shoe

News Hound, those ARE AWESOME.  I like all those things also, but they're not things that are on the top of ones head.  Bless you for bringing those up.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Good Times

Reading this whole thread reminded me of an old memory:

I must've been 14-15 when I found a combination bike lock on the street. Of course it was locked, with all 3 keys set to zero, and no sign of the combination that would open it.

I think the topic of permutations had already come up the year before in my math classes, so I was aware of the difficulty in figuring out the right combination.

The lock stayed on my dresser for 10 days. Then one afternoon when I was lying down for half an hour, I picked it up and casually started fiddling with the keys.

Click, click, click... nope won't open. I kept on clicking and failing for at least 15-20 mins.

Then suddenly I thought I heard something: One of the clicks had sounded slightly different than the rest.

I left the 2 keys where ever they happened to be and started advancing the 3rd one, one by one, click by click... And when I reached 7 or 8 (out of a possible 10) I heard a "clack". Pulled the 2 ends of the lock apart and voila! It opened.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/a040.gif" border=0]  

P.C.

That's cool Good Times, you little lock picker you.

I remember that once too, except I was thinking, hacksaw.[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/n015.gif" border=0]

Good Times

P.C. wrote:
That's cool Good Times, you little lock picker you.[/DIV] [/DIV]I remember that once too, except I was thinking, hacksaw.[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/n015.gif" border=0]

To this day people are amazed by what I can hear and smell.

However I haven't tried my luck picking other combination locks since that day.

Funny thing is, I never trusted my bike to that lock.  My thinking was, if I could open it, so could anyone else.

P.C.

Good thinking good Times.  I've made a few of my friends snicker on occasion too, when it comes to sniffing out an odor.  I maintain, that I can SMELL when it's going to snow.  Oh sure....they all laugh until the morning, when we wake up under a blanket of snow.

Sportsdude

Favourite Sound?[/DIV]Can't tell because only between me and the mate 1 girl

[A href="http://media.fastclick.net/w/click.here?cid=42360&mid=86531&sid=22260&m=1&c=0" target=_blank][img height=90 alt="Click here!" src="http://cdn.fastclick.net/fastclick.net/cid42360/media86531.jpg" width=728 border=0][/A]
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Future Canadian

Although it's pretty jarring, I love the sound of a race car engine (F1 or CART-type especially). Which makes it great when 20 or 30 of them all step on the loud pedal at the same time.
I also like trains in the distance. I also like the sound of ice crackling as a drink's poured over it.
And lately I really like the sound of a skateboard hitting the ground.[img]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Compaq_Owner/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/smilies/g060.gif" alt=""]
...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

Future Canadian

P.C. wrote:
[span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]I can SMELL when it's going to snow.  Oh sure....they all laugh until the morning, when we wake up under a blanket of snow.[/span]

Ooh. I love that smell! I also like the sound of waking up to a big snow dump and hearing how quiet everything is and how muffled the traffic is.

...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

kitten

I grew up in a port city, and the sound of a foghorn brings back fond memories.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

|