Favorite Sound?

Started by TehBorken, Feb 28 06 09:01

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

I also like the sound of those mini water features.

Gopher

Oh yes, any sound to do with water is wonderful
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lise

Except when it makes you want to pee a lot. I bought one of those water feature and had to give it away. My husband complained it made go to the loo too many times. I think it's just an excuse......

I love the sound of birds chirping when you're taking a long hike. There's nothing like the sound of birds and the wind rustling in the trees. No sound of the city. No people around. Utter bliss.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Gopher

You're a romantic soul, Lise - keep it up, we're in a minority.

I also like the clicking of knitting needles when a wonan's sitting in the room , it has an almost soporific effect.  

Lise

We're all romantic deep inside, Gophie. We should show it more often.    
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Back to the baby laugh.......ALL laughter is wonderful, some just better than others.  Hubby has an amazing contagious laugh.  Once at a restaurant, the owner came out and asked if she could tape his laugh to play when her employees were having a bad day.....lol.  

Yes indeed.....water is a great sound.  Whether it's lapping against a boat or trickling down a fountain or dancing on your roof,  it always has an affect.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

Really, PC! Wow. That must have been some kinda laugh there.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Oh sweet, PC.  It's so nice to be around someone who either has a beautiful smile and/or laugh.

Trollio

The incessant buzz of fluorescent lights in an office.

No, just kidding... I like things like wind and rain.... it's almost impossible to choose one sound.

one must be intelligent to get intelligent answers.
— bebu

P.C.

You're right Trollio, so many sounds are wonderful.  But I find I'm more likely to associate a 'favourite' sound with something tranquil, soothing or relaxing.....like water.

Wind is frightening and powerful and reminds you of the force of  Mother Nature.  It's amazing and incredible, but it isn't something that makes me feel better.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Gopher

Taken the words right from my brain, P.C. There's nothing at all soothing about the wind; in fact I find it at all times unsettling and bad-temper provoking

kitten

A gentle breeze produces the opposite effect.  It's a lovely whispering sound.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Russ

Depends on the circumstances I guess. Be on a ship off the coast here, the North Sea offshore Scotland, or offshore Southern Africa during the winter season. You will be scared of the wind and mother nature, believe me lol.

Other than that I myself like the wind gently blowing when in nature.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lise

Hmmm.... the wind blowing wind chimes is lovely though. The good wind chimes, not the cheap ones that just hurt your ears.
Bill Cosby.

kitten

Only to a point, though.  After that it becomes irritating.  Several apartments here have them and some days it sounds like a noisy competition.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

|