Daylight Saving Tonight

Started by Lise, Oct 28 06 10:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

A reminder. Daylight savings tonight at 2am. Set clocks to go back 1 hour.

Sucks. Gets dark earlier................... *grumble grumble*  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

sucks that I won't get any extra sleep tonight because I'm working. ugh.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

It's annual moan day for all of us!
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Gopher

Sportsdude wrote:
 sucks that I won't get any extra sleep tonight because I'm working. ugh. [FONT color=#ff0000]......................[/FONT]

[FONT color=#ff0000]Sucks that anyone has to work, full stop.[/FONT]

[FONT color=#0000ff][/FONT]

P.C.

How do we figure we get an extra hour sleep?   Are we not getting up an hour earlier????
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

P.C. wrote:
 How do we figure we get an extra hour sleep?   Are we not getting up an hour earlier????

P.C. lets say you go to bed at 10pm you usually get up around 6. Thats eight hours. But since the clock goes back an hour at 2am you will get 9 hrs.

Sportsdude

Me though I'll be throwing Sunday New York Times which weigh about 10lbs.

Gopher

I wonder how many trees it takes to produce every copy of the New York Times which are printed throughout the year.  

P.C.

P.C. lets say you go to bed at 10pm you usually get up around 6. Thats eight hours. But since the clock goes back an hour at 2am you will get 9 hrs.

If I go to be at 10pm and get up at 6 that's 8 hours....correct.  But tonight if I go to bet at 10pm (sort of 9pm) and get up at 6....that too is really 5am.  No?  

P.C.

No....I've got that wrong  

Gopher

Get's confusing doesn't it? And what's more you'll find yourself in the same muddle this time next year!    

P.C.

I'm thinking that I won't go to bed at 10pm, because I'll be telling myself it's only 9pm.  So technically I'll be going to bed at 11.

Hahahhahahaaaaaa....all I know is, my body clock doesn't care what you do the real clocks.

Sportsdude

No sweetie this is put the clocks back an hour, during the spring its put the clocks forward thats when you lose an hour, here you gain one.  

P.C.

I'm on top of the 'spring-forward, fall-back concept.  I'm just not convinced I gain any sleep time.  I just know that when I get up at 5:30 tomorrow.....it really is 6:30 but for that someone messed with my clock.

P.C.

I want that extra hour IN THE MORNING.  rofl