Big Baby Born

Started by Lise, Feb 01 07 10:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

OMG. Imagine trying to push a 14.5lbs baby out. I hurt just thinking about it.

[H1]Mexicans crowd to see big baby 'Super Tonio' [/H1] [H2][FONT size=1]Whopping 14.5-pound newborn causes sensation in resort city of Cancun[/FONT][/H2]

[P class=textBodyBlack][SPAN id=byLine][/SPAN]CANCUN, Mexico - He is called "Super Tonio," and at a whopping birth weight of 14.5 pounds, the little fellow is causing a sensation in this Mexican resort city.

[P class=textBodyBlack][SPAN id=byLine][/SPAN]Cancun residents have crowded the nursery ward's window to see Antonio Vasconcelos, who was born early Monday by Caesarian section. The baby drinks 5 ounces of milk every three hours, and measures 22 inches in length.

[P class=textBodyBlack][SPAN id=byLine][/SPAN]"We haven't found any abnormality in the child, there are some signs of high blood sugar, and a slight blood infection, but that is being controlled so that the child can get on with his normal life in a few more days," Narciso Perez Bravo, the hospital's director, said on Wednesday.

[P class=textBodyBlack][SPAN id=byLine][/SPAN]In Brazil, a baby born in January 2005 in the city of Salvador weighed 16 pounds, 11 ounces at birth. According to Guinness World Records, the heaviest baby born to a healthy mother was a boy weighing 22 pounds, 8 ounces, born in Aversa, Italy, in September 1955.

[P class=textBodyBlack][SPAN id=byLine][/SPAN]Antonio's mother, Teresa Alejandra Cruz, 23, and father, Luis Vasconcelos, 38, said they were proud of the boy, and noted that Cruz had given birth to a baby girl seven years ago who weighed 11.46 pounds.

[DIV class=textBodyBlack][A href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16920705/"]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16920705/[/A][/DIV]
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

babies are getting bigger I was 9lbs and 1 oz when I was born back in '86 and I was considered huge.  Then when I worked as a volunteer at one of the local hospitals the nurses told me that 9 to 10 pounds is the norm.  And sure enough I walked by all the rooms and it was 9,10,11,9,10,9 lbs.  Then there was a 12 pounder. lol ouch.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

All I can say is.....OW
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

well it was done by C-section. shudders to think of the pain if it was a regular birth  

purelife

What did she do?  Drink Guinness?

This lady I know had anemia when she started out in her pregnancy.  Doctor told her to drink Guinness for the iron because supposedly, beer is high in iron.  Guess how much the baby weighed when he was born?  He was about 16 pounds.  GIGANTIC!  

Lise

Who drinks Guiness these days when pregnant? Wow.

Can you imagine carrying that weight around? Geez.... your back would break from all that extra luggage and imagine the stretch marks.... ouch.    
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Hmm yeah us guys have it easy.