Seattle Idiots

Started by TehBorken, Oct 25 06 10:38

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

The people at the Seattle Tourism and Convention Board are the biggest idiots in the known universe. They spent $200,000 for a contest to come up with a new slogan for Seattle. Among thousands of entries, they picked the most putrid one possible.

Seattle's new slogan: "Metronatural".  No, I'm not kidding. The comments on the [a href="http://blogs.king5.com/archives/2006/10/seattles_new_sl.html"]KING5 blog[/a] say it all:

"How do people come up with this crap?  Do they pour stupid into thier coffee instead of creamer?  What a waste."

"What a joke!!! This rolls off your tongue like peanut butter."

"Ridiculous!!  $200,000 to come up with the slogan and $300,000 to "promote" it?"

"Here's a better slogan: "Washington: Where 200 grand buys a crappy slogan" or better yet "Washington: Don't even bother!""

"You could of had the first graders come up with something better."

"When I hear Metro, I think of a temporary outdoor toilet. So Metronatural must be an outhouse--one holer, or two holer, or more."

"METRONATURAL??? It sounds like the name of a propane company."

"It doesn't make me want to visit Washington, it makes me want to move."

"LAME! LAME! LAME! They should have taken the 200 K and plowed under the million dollar self cleaning toilets we had forced on us."

"Metronatural - Sounds like the name of a good laxative, perhaps the Visitors Bureau should take a dose of their new medicine and clear their minds!!"

"The new slogan "metronatural" is, frankly, strange and embarrassing. Way too similar to the phrase "metrosexual" which I wouldn't want anyone to say to describe me or my city!"

"Sounds like menstrual to me."

"Absolutely unbelievable...$200,000 for the worst city slogan I have ever heard."

"Well, there goes another 200 grand down the dumper."

"wow!!!! that's really stupid !!!!"

"METROMORONIC!"

"Not to offend anyone, never mind that I am offended! But when I hear Metro natural I think gay tree hugger?"

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Russ

I like Metromoronic. LOL

The comments are great, I encourage all to go there and read them.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

Yeah metro-natural sucks.

I can think of about 50 better slogans.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."