Weight

Started by TehBorken, Oct 18 06 08:55

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

I decided to lose a few pounds, but it's always been tough for me to do so I tried something different this time. I cut bread out of my diet almost entirely. No bread, no toast, no bagels, no french bread, no croissants, no crackers, not even any croutons on my salad. That's the only change I've made and I've lost about 10 lbs in two weeks. Losing the weight is nice, but I'm really craving a bagel, lol. I mean reeeeeeeeeally craving them. I'd roll over my grandmother in a dump truck for a bagel with cream cheese right about now. It's a good thing she's dead and buried or she'd be toast.

Mmmmm, toast.......damn!

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

purelife

Oh, I thought that you were going to tell us how much you weigh.  LOL  Don't worry, you don't have to because I wouldn't share my weight with any one of you.

Yeah, the cutting of carbs like the ones you've mentioned really helps.  Eating lots of greens and fruits will help you lose weight very quickly.  (for some people)

I've also heard of the "No Carbs After 2pm" rule.  I believe this works too.  As well, there are rules about not eating after 7pm or just a few hours before you sleep.  

I would LOVE to lose my weight that I have gained since being on these DAMN birth control pills.  I find it extremely difficult to lose the weight regardless of the countless hours of exercise and cutting calories I've placed into this.

Any females here have the same problem?

Gopher

Chances are you'll gain some really serious weight if you DON'T take those pills.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

CK

I gained a bit of weight during my uni days. I found out how to lose weight after I was done school and back to a "normal schedule".

The trick was:

Not to eat Mike N' Ike candy for a supper, Mars Bars for dessert.

Drink some water, not just Crowne Royal.

and, shop at a gro-cery store?? not just the 7/11 next door!

It worked wonders! haha!

Actually, I agree with cutting down on the breads. But if I went too long without pizza, I keeeel peeple!!

TehBorken

CK wrote:
[strong style="font-style: italic;"][/b] [div style="font-style: italic;"]Actually, I agree with cutting down on the breads. But if I went too long without pizza, I keeeel peeple!![/div]
 Give up PIZZA? Now that's just crazy talk. I can't believe you even said that. I'm calling Homeland Security on you right now.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

purelife

Pizza was one of the best out there ever!  That and Italian pasta!  MMMMMmmmm....

Adam_Fulford

I just work-out a lot -- lifting weights and 90 min of cardiovascular six times a week -- so I can eat whatever I please.  For health reasons, I avoid anything with trans-fats (hydrogenated vegetable oil, modified palm oil) in it.

CK

That is pretty impresive amount of cardio. I do about 45 min. 5 times a week. But lift light weights w/high reps. Just curious, what kind of cardio do you do? I row and bike. Mountain bike in the summer, stationary in the winter.

Sportsdude

If I didn't work at night I'd workout for 2hrs every night by running 1 mile (tread mill) 10 miles on a stationary bike, 1 mile on the rowing machine then 100 sit ups. Thats what I usually do.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Adam_Fulford

CK wrote:
That is pretty impresive amount of cardio. I do about 45 min. 5 times a week. But lift light weights w/high reps. Just curious, what kind of cardio do you do? I row and bike. Mountain bike in the summer, stationary in the winter.

I now mainly use statitonary bikes or those ski machine things (not sure what they're called) that can be be adjusted to different slopes .  Always at max resistance.   I read and write while I use the machines to make best use of my time.  I'm doing heavy weights, low rep (eg 500 lbs leg press, 2 sets, 22 reps).   Truth is, it's better than drugs for keeping the mind relaxed and allows to me eat pretty much as I please (within reason).  

LondonBoy

If you want to keep your weight down, Sex is the best way. To fatten up again, Eat....

Therefore, my thesis is :- SEX...EAT...SEX...EAT....        
If You Believe In The Will Of God, The Will Of Satan Will Never Destroy Thee.

CK

Adam_Fulford wrote:

I now mainly use statitonary bikes or those ski machine things (not sure what they're called) that can be be adjusted to different slopes .  Always at max resistance.   I read and write while I use the machines to make best use of my time.  I'm doing heavy weights, low rep (eg 500 lbs leg press, 2 sets, 22 reps).   Truth is, it's better than drugs for keeping the mind relaxed and allows to me eat pretty much as I please (within reason).   That is cool!

I snowboard a lot in the winter, but I find once the beginning of the season is over, my muscles are used to it, and it really isn't an intense workout. It is just gliding, gravity does most of the work. Biking is where I really love to give my heart a thumping!

purelife

LondonBoy wrote:
 If you want to keep your weight down, Sex is the best way. To fatten up again, Eat....

Therefore, my thesis is :- SEX...EAT...SEX...EAT....        
I like your mantra and I like you already.  Sex Eat Sex Eat...MEET?!  

CK

LondonBoy

I like your mantra and I like you already.  Sex Eat Sex Eat...MEET?!  

Ahhh...PureLife, you are the catalyst of all concepts truly sensual......;-)
If You Believe In The Will Of God, The Will Of Satan Will Never Destroy Thee.