US Consumers to buy Canadian's drugs?

Started by Lise, Feb 03 07 03:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Should US Consumers be able to buy cheap Canadian drugs directly from Canadian suppliers?

No
3 (60%)
Yes
2 (40%)
Undecided
0 (0%)
Don't care
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Lise

Athough I do think we should share our drugs in general, I can't help but feel that the US consumers should not get our drugs for cheaper. I see the cost of drugs rising in our community already because of this. What used to be $20 for a bottle of medicine pills now costs me about $60, a giant leap in the past few years.

If the US wants to buy our drugs, I say we let them but we match them dollar for dollar, not less.

[FONT color=#ff9f40 size=5]Should US Consumers be able to buy cheap Canadian drugs directly from Canadian suppliers?[/FONT]

"[FONT size=6]No.[/FONT] The Canadian government established price controls with manufacturers in 1987. Studies show that if Americans import our supply in bulk, it could dry up in 38 days. Making access to drugs affordable is a problem Congress is trying to solve on the backs of Canadian supply chain."

- Jeff Poston, Canadian Pharmacists Association

"[FONT size=6]Yes.[/FONT] A... majority of American support importation.... to lower the cost of prescription medications. Americans need to travel around the world for affordable meds. Legalizing the importation of prescription drugs and opening our captive prescription market will drive down prices and bring life-saving prescription drugs to Americans at prices they can afford."

- Congressman Rahm Emanuel, Pharmaceutical Market Access and Drug Safety Act (2007 version), sponsor

[FONT size=1](Canadian Business Magazine Jan 2007)[/FONT]  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

They already buy from our online resellers. as long as it doesnt affect our prices or supplies, and if needed WE get priority I dont care.

In general though, no. Many people have told me we have a crappy health care system and they are better cause they have more take home.. why should they take advantage of our system?

Their cost is so high cause they have a percentage of profits kept for lawsuits.. we dont sue for stupid stuff so our costs are lower.. if they start buying lots they will try to sue our companies.. raising our costs. Our legal checks and balances stop people from sueing drug companies for accidents and other unknowns.. the us doesnt.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

I find it rather funny that we have to buy drugs from you.  Again we think you'll bend over for us like you have a billion other times.  Part of me says no we should not be using your drugs because its just delaying the inevitable here since the system is beyond broken.

Again why should you help us when we don't help you.  Thats how I see it.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."