Pics of someones trip to North Korea

Started by Russ, Oct 11 06 02:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ

Found this link on another site from someones trip to N Korea. I found it interesting. Reminded me of parts of china in the countryside when I was there.

[A href="http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=82755"]http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=82755[/A]
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

Wow, those are amazing photos and thanks for sharing that link you found with us.  I've never been to Asia yet but someday I will go.  

Sportsdude

fascinating.

Reminds its looks like Cherynobyl minus the nuclear melt down. With all the communist relics.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Intersting. Great link, Russ. I've heard in N.Korea, you can't take images of the 'poorer' side of the country but you could take images of the Great Leader no probs.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

Glad you liked the link. I was shocked by how it was there in the pictures, but I have seen some stuff like that when I was in China. Not as bad in the cities, but more like that in the outlying poor areas.        
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lise

I would love to go visit China one of these days though I'm not so sure about visiting the poorer parts of that country though. North or South Korea.... not on my list. It's getting to be pretty dicey there nowadays.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

tenkani

Wonderful photos.
I feel a little depressed now, but thank you so much for linking them!

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Sportsdude

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

Japan's also on my 'one day' agenda. That apart, thanks for 'giving' us these photos - terrifically interesting!
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

I would love to spend a month or two exploring the British Isles and Ireland.  I watch the "Antiques Road Show" from the BBC and there are so many places that look interesting.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

Which places in particluar, Kitten?

kitten

Nothing in particular, really.  I'd like to take a bus tour and stop in various places to explore for a day, and then move on.  The Cottswolds are beautiful.  I'd love to tour a single-malt distillery in Scotland, or go in to listen to the music in an Irish pub.  Travel through some small towns in Wales.  So many places are fascinating because of  their history.  It would be the sort of trip filled with accidental discoveries that would keep my mind smiling for years to come.

Gopher

The Cotswolds ARE nice, but I prefer the Yorkshire Dales and the Peak District. Wales is SUPERB.  

kitten

Oh, for a winning lottery ticket.  That would be the trip of a lifetime for me.

Must go.  I'm a bit late, but since I'm the boss it won't matter too much.  I prefer to be punctual where possible.

Gopher

Same as me, I'm the boss  too and I still start to panic if I don't get there at my self-appointed time. Crazy, isn't it?