Toolbar Mania

Started by TehBorken, Oct 10 06 07:52

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

Here's what happens if you allow an unpatched copy of Internet Explorer to sit on the net for a while- every malicious toolbar and spyware program in the universe finds it and installs itself. See the tiny little window at lower left? That's what's left of the browser area.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Mutilated Mind

TehBorken wrote:
See the tiny little window at lower left? That's what's left of the browser area.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What tiny little window at lower left ?
The address bar is still there but it's on top of all the toolbars, not at lower left.
It's there for all to see who have eyes and just so much as take a look (which could be a good thing to do, TehBorken).

OTOH, this is a nice find. I would call it "toolbar hell" though rather than toolbar mania, I think it's more apt.

So now I challenged your thoughts - which were based on faulty observation BTW - and you are free to ignore what I said. As per that other poster's decree. :)

Munra!

Munra!

Funny topic by the way, if that's true (if it wasn't purposely installed in the browser just to take a screenshot), I wonder how many minutes it takes to that computer load the system completely, look at the tray icon!  

TehBorken

Mutilated Mind wrote:

My mistake; should have said "lower right".
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Raver

Whats even funnier about that pic?  See the little green box on the taskbar below whats left of the browser?  

Thats the CPU usage indicater maxed out.

Moolah!

I read the title and felt I should drop by and say Hello. [A onclick="addImg('icon/icon_smile_cool.gif')" href="jvascript:void(0)"][/A]
*  Please unban me!! please please please  *

kingy

where is the google toolbar?

rocketman

I switched to Firefox because of that kind of stuff. Who needs it?

purelife

That's just insane.  If I had that at work, I would never be able to make my browser small so that I can discretly post and read DS!  NOT GOOD.  

Mutilated Mind

TehBorken wrote:
 Mutilated Mind wrote:

My mistake; should have said "lower right".
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for seeming to incessantly come back at you, TehBorken, but no, you shouldn't have said "lower right". It's on top of all those other toolbars, and I said it in my post.

Just look.

sfd

Sorry for seeming to incessantly come back at you, TehBorken, but no, you shouldn't have said "lower right". It's on top of all those other toolbars, and I said it in my post.

no, tehborken was right when he corrected himself.  
i don't know what your looking at but "what's left of the browser window" is at the lower right.

i wonder if the reason everyone thinks that your an obnoxious nitpicking a**hole is because you are. that would be my guess anyway.

Mutilated Mind

sfd wrote:
no, tehborken was right when he corrected himself.
i don't know what your looking at but "what's left of the browser window" is at the lower right.
i wonder if the reason everyone thinks that your an obnoxious nitpicking a**hole is because you are. that would be my guess anyway.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will ignore your insults and go directly to the matter, despite the fact that you are a troll and have far too good an idea of yourself.

What you see at the lower right is obviously a pop-up window.
When - and if - you look at the top of the picture, you will see the upper edge of the actual Internet Explorer window, with the usual toolbars and the address bar.

Right ? Do you see it ?

Now THAT's the browser window.