Oppression of individuality by the thoughtless masses

Started by TAFKAMM, Oct 10 06 01:35

Previous topic - Next topic

TAFKAMM

Did the honorable posters on this magnificent forum notice how any expression of true individuality will always be stifled in the bud (not "butt", Suggestionoid) by people who can only think as a part of a group ?

They are much too scared to have their own thoughts and only dare to implement and enforce group thinking.

Comments/opinions please ?

Lise

Hell yes. TehBorken is our leader and we follow him like sheeps. Ware the day when the world ends and there's no room for you in our glorious spaceship.

And y'know... call me crazy but I don't understand why some ppl don't like the way we communicate with one another. This is one of the most friendliest forum I've been on and the posters here are good ppl. If I wanted to be hostile or pissed off, why DV is just round the corner.

Nuff said.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Honorable Poster

TAFKAMM wrote:
Did the honorable posters on this magnificent forum notice how any expression of true individuality will always be stifled in the bud (not "butt", Suggestionoid) by people who can only think as a part of a group ?

-No-

That certainly wouldn't apply in the case of the sad boy Mutilated Mind, who fancies himself a true individual no doubt, but who is nothing more than a garden variety neurotic, cut from the same cookie-cutter as millions like him. If they got out more, they would recognize each other.

tenkani

If your posts are met with less than enthusiastic responses from fellow posters I can certainly empathize. It's a shame, but I would put forward that this is much preferable to your posts being censored by mods, hay? A free forum of ideas means that your opinions, especially if they are unique, may well be met with disdain. Such is life. You have the freedom to speak; others have the freedom to ignore you or challenge your thoughts.  
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Cowabunga

"You have the freedom to speak; others have the freedom to ignore you or challenge your thoughts."

VERY WELL SAID.

Vivek Golikeri

You raise a problem as old as society itself; the tyranny of the majority. Some idiots seem to find a weird sort of "herd security" in such group-think. What crime is to street gangs, such group-think is to cyber-stupidity. I myself have too often been "a majority of one." It takes guts to stand by what you stand for.  

Michel

TehBorken

TAFKAMM wrote:

Well, to be honest, no, I haven't really noticed that. You (and everyone else) are welcome to express all the individuality you can muster, as long as you play nice and try to keep it civil. In fact, now that I think about it, I would venture that there are a lot of diverse people here, individuals in every sense of the word. The common denominator seems to be that they're fairly nice people and that they play well with others.

They are much too scared to have their own thoughts and only dare to implement and enforce group thinking.

And not only that, we all have secret  tattoos in the same spot.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

P.C.

You raise a problem as old as society itself; the tyranny of the majority. Some idiots seem to find a weird sort of "herd security" in such group-think. What crime is to street gangs, such group-think is to cyber-stupidity. I myself have too often been "a majority of one." It takes guts to stand by what you stand for.

Of course there's always the possibility that we idiots all think quite differently, but share a common bond of civility ?  I'm no stranger to being a majority of one either....but I select where and when and to what degree I want to be confrontational about it.  That doesn't define my ability to think independently...or anybody else's either.  I like a good debate as much as the next person...but not everybody is looking for an outlet to do nothing but debate.   [/DIV]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Gopher

And not only that, we all have secret  tattoos in the same spot.

It's so secret that even I don't know where it is.

A fool's paradise is better than none.

TehBorken

Lise wrote:
Hell yes. TehBorken is our leader and we follow him like sheeps.

Mmmmmm, sheeps. So cute, and so....willing.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

P.C.

P.C.

Oh that reminds me....did you know they are making a sequal to Silence of the Lambs ?

It will be called, Ewes Be Quiet.