A Horse Walks Into a Bar. . .

Started by TehBorken, Oct 06 06 12:29

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

[big]'Why the long face?'[/big]                             A new pub landlady got a shock when she discovered one of her regulars is a horse.[/p]
[/p] Jackie Gray recently became landlady at the Alexandra Hotel in Jarrow, Tyneside.[/p]        She says she got a pleasant surprise when carthouse Peggy joined owner Peter Dolan for a pint.[/p]        The 12-year-old's tipple is a pint of John Smiths and pickled onion crisps.[/p]        Mrs Gray said: "When I bought the pub a few weeks ago I heard rumours that one of the regulars was a horse but I didn't quite believe them. It was a hot day when the horse came in and I was shocked at first because I have never run a pub before."[/p]        Mr Dolan, 61, from Jarrow, bought Peggy six years ago and discovered her fondness for the pub when she followed him inside.[/p]        According to the BBC he said: "Peggy's no bother at all. Most of the regulars know her as she's been coming in here for years and for them Peggy's a bit of a novelty. She's a proper lady."[/p]
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

kitten

What a charming story.  Nice of you to bring it back.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

TehBorken

kitten wrote:
What a charming story.  Nice of you to bring it back.

???????????????????????

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

kitten

If you didn't, who did?  Surprised me to see posts from last year.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.