Congratulations Canada

Started by 49er, Feb 26 06 10:15

Previous topic - Next topic

49er

Congratulations! that was a great show by Canada in the closing ceremonies in Torino

(and it was my first seeing a female mountie.......I thought they were all males)

P.C.

Watched the closing ceremonies myself, and enjoyed it a ton.  (I'm not usually big on these productions) but it was rather impressive.  

I particularly loved how they made the audience 'Part of the Art'.....beautiful.  Light reflecting off their white capes, their little flashlights and foil banners.  All of it was lovely.

Vancouver would do us proud to pull off such a show.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

I thought it was okay. Played to much too stereo types. And if no one has seen or heard of vancouver before they are going to think it looks like Nunavut and that canadians and vancouverites live in igloo's. Then there was the showing of mountains and snow something I know people are going to bitch about when Vancouver hosts the olympics. They are going to say its 40 degree's outside and you are hosting the olympics?? Anyway other than not showing any pics of Vancouver it was okay. I just worried that the opening ceremony is going to be horrific because its going to be indoors.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

I started thinking a tiny bit in that direction....with all the snow pics.  But then of course they're depicting the Winter Olympics.  Pictures of us frolicking on the beach might not work. lol

I thought it was kinda cool that the Italian atheltes carried not only their own flags, but had a small Canadian flag in their boquets.  That was a pretty classy thing to do.

Sportsdude

Oh god, I already complaining and I'm not even canadian yet. I've got the canadian past time down already.

P.C.

ROFL, sportsdude.

I quite enjoyed the skating at the end.  It's nice to see them just be able to be artistic.

Anyway, off to greet my pillow.  I'm more tired than I should be with what I did today, but I'm beat.[/DIV]Have a good night SD.

Sportsdude

same here. avadocias. [/DIV]i just butchered itialian but o well.

Respelling

Arrivederci  (Goodbye) Italian[/DIV]Bonne nuit

academe

P.C. wrote:
I started thinking a tiny bit in that direction....with all the snow pics.  But then of course they're depicting the Winter Olympics.  Pictures of us frolicking on the beach might not work. lol

I thought it was kinda cool that the Italian atheltes carried not only their own flags, but had a small Canadian flag in their boquets.  That was a pretty classy thing to do.
==============================================

They did?  I didn't see that...was that when the athletes came out en masse or when they were on the podiums getting medals?

kitten

I think the beauty of this location (Vancouver) is that you can choose between winter sports (skiing, snowboarding, etc.)  and summer sports (golfing, hiking, tennis, etc.) on the same day.  It's lovely to have options.  Of course, after a long spell of rain, you can also step off the curb and go swimming!    
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

CK

I don't care about the closing ceremonies. Vancouver should do a great job in 2010![/DIV]Notice the only Canadians that really choked during the games was the millionare NHL players?![/DIV]Canada got 24 medals and a total of 45 athletes came within the top 5![/DIV]Woohoo!

kitten

I'm sure that they will do very well in 2010 now that the government is finally supporting them.

By the way, CK, I love that Britney Spears quote.     [A href="http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm824DFCA" target=_blank][img alt="Too Funny" src="http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_72.gif[/img][/A]

[A href="http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb065_ZNxdm824DFCA" target=_blank][img]http://discoverseattle.net/source/spacer.gif?pc=ZSzeb065&pp=ZNxdm824DFCA" border=0][/A]
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

weird al

Whistler is more photogenic, at least for Olympic purposes. Most of the snow in Vancouver is from Colombia.

Lise

OH CANADA! We stand on guard for thee!

Next game, more than 24 medals and solid performances by all.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

CK

OMG! Lise! Are you allowed to post a Canadian flag on DS?!?!?!!!!!!

Lise

Cut. Steal. Paste.

There's an option for ppl to post images. It's on the toolbar, looks like a picture with mountains in it. That's where you can post images.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.