It's the kid's fault, not Foley's

Started by OMFG, Oct 06 06 05:17

Previous topic - Next topic

OMFG

According to maggots like Matt Drudge and Rush Limbaugh, the whole Mark-Foley-molesting-pages was the fault of the [span style="text-decoration: underline;"]kids[/span]. Yes, you read that right. Lets play "blame the victim, Republican-style". Matt Drudge say those evil kids practically forced Mark Foley to talk dirty to them!

An excerpt from [span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"]http://msnbc.msn.com/id/15144326/:[/span]

House Republicans' strategy for dealing with the scandal revealed an emerging split even among conservatives. On her blog, conservative commentator Michelle Malkin sharply criticized Matt Drudge, proprietor of the Drudge Report and a conservative fixture on talk radio, for seeming to blame the pages for "egging" Foley on:[p class="textBodyBlack"][span id="byLine"][/span]"And if anything, these kids are less innocent — these 16- and 17-year-old beasts," Drudge said on his weekend radio show. " ... You're not going to tell me these are innocent babies. Have you read the transcripts that ABC posted going into the weekend of these instant messages, back and forth? The kids are egging the Congressman on! The kids are trying to get this out of him. We haven't got the whole story on this."[/p][p class="textBodyBlack"][span id="byLine"][/span]It was on talk radio that the commentary took on its most Wild West character, as partisan hosts demanded Republican accountability or exposure of a Democratic conspiracy.[/p][p class="textBodyBlack"][span id="byLine"][/span]Rush Limbaugh joined Drudge in leading the conservative attack. He said Monday on his radio show: "Please don't misunderstand. I'm just telling you that the the orgy and the orgasm that has been taking place in the media since Friday and with the Democrats is — it's all coordinated, and it's all oriented toward the election. There's no concern about the kid, no concern about the children."[/p]

Trollio

Someone should investigate Matt Drudge's sex life.  Seriously. They really should.
one must be intelligent to get intelligent answers.
— bebu

tenkani

I honestly don't know how they live with themselves. And that includes politicians and pundits on both sides of the aisle. Their hypocrisy and jelly-minded rhetoric is so goddamn transparent, but somehow the majority of Americans don't call them on it. I suppose they convince themselves that the "other side" (what a joke THAT is in a one-party political system) is even worse.

The fact that the party of family values has been trying to minimize this scandal to the point of blaming the young people for seducing poor Foley...this stuff doesn't surprise me anymore. There is apparently no limit to the gullibility of the American people. Regardless of the scandal, people still root for "their team" like politics is a game of football. Meh!

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Raver

The kid was obviously to blame.  

Look at him standing there all sexy with his come molest me stare.  He never once said, please don't molest me.  He was totally begging for it.  What a whore!

Every day you see young boys just begging for a good molesting.  You can't blame an innocent politician any more than you would blame a preist for succumbing to young nubile man-candy.    

tenkani

LOL! Well said.
And I love the implication that this is some sort of Democratic conspiracy. I've heard this argued several times now. I can't tell whether the argument is that if it wasn't election time the dems would have left this story alone, or whether they're implying that the dems hired these young people to seduce Foley. Either way, it's yet another case where a completely irrational argument goes largely unchallenged (provided the person making the argument is on your side of course). These people have no shame.

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.