Fug, what a day

Started by Admin, Feb 07 06 12:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

One of my best freinds went to emergency surgery last night for a "prolapsed rectum". Yes, it's every bit as bad as it sounds. He ended up going to two surgeries as the first one wasn't sufficient.

To make things even better, he was about to move out of the US to Belize (in 3 days!), so me and a few other folks got to go over his place and pack up all -and I do mean all- of his stuff for storage. Then I find out I'm the [span style="text-decoration: line-through;"]sucker[/span] kind and caring soul they picked to "temporarily" hang on to his two [span style="text-decoration: line-through;"]poop generators[/span] darling kitties "for a few weeks".

So not only did I get to schlep a shitload of heavy boxes around but I also have two very pissed off cats here who are not liking this whole deal one little bit. Right now they're shredding my couch, so I guess that's god's way of telling me that my furniture is too nice.  lol

I can't wait to see him in the hospital- the jokes for this little episode are just kicking at the door trying to get out. It's gonna be brutal, but how often will I get a chance like this? :) Now help me think of some tasteful butt jokes.

I don't live on the edge, but sometimes I go there to visit.

tenkani

JAYSUS![/DIV]Prolapsed rectum. That's really horrendous      

Brings back memories of the good ol' days of DV and "the weightlifter".[/DIV]Jokes about prolapsed rectums? I dunno, that's a tough call...

"The goatse guy called about your modelling appointment...""Hey, now you can go to a furry convention and you won't have to wear a fake tail!""I've heard of having an outie, but this is ridiculous!""Does your rectum wag when you're happy?"
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Third

Rectum?

Damn near killed him.

tenkani

[FONT size=5]Third!!!1[/FONT][/DIV][FONT size=1](+1 bitches)[/FONT]

Admin

Prolapsed rectum. That's really horrendous      [img style="font-style: italic;" src="http://www.motleycrow.com/ImageHost/icon_smile_shock.gif"]

No kidding, it makes me wince just reading the words. Ack. Fortunately he's got health insurance but this is the kind of thing that financially destroys most Americans. I don't know what this will cost, but no way it'll be less than $50,000. For most people that would be it- lose your home, everything cent you own and wind up with nothing. You're alive, but destitute. Ain't America great?

All the godless heathen countries (that's everywhere but the U.S. according to Lord Bush) somehow manage to provide healthcare to their citizens. But not here in the U.S.... it's sink or swim baby, and the water is frightfully f*ckin' cold.

America: The Land Of The Fee And Home Of The Knave.

tenkani

Absolutely. And if you're lucky enough to find a job with good health coverage, you can end up working at something you loath for life, because insurance is THAT important.

The folks who are REALLY f*cked are not the poorest of the poor, of course. They are covered by government assistance. But if you're lower-middle class, even making $8 or $10 an hour, you can fall into that shitty place where you make too much for the govt to help you, but not enough to pay for individual health insurance and still cover the rent and whatnot. Then you just cross your fingers and pray that you never need to visit the hospital...

Admin

Absolutely. And if you're lucky enough to find a job with good health coverage, you can end up working at something you loath for life, because insurance is THAT important. [/div][div]That's it exactly. Most people are scared to be without health insurance, and the average person can't afford it on their own. If you can afford to pay for your own health insurance then you probably own a well-to-do company.... which means you don't really need to buy your own health insurance. Brilliant setup.

So the end result is that most people are beholden to a job -any job- where they can get health insurance. Most people are basically terrorized by the need to have health insurance (and they should be, with what it costs here).

I made a conscious decision a few years ago to get off the gird a bit, get out of that "loop" where you're expected to work for someone else until you die or retire. Retiring is almost unheard of these days, what with the way so many pension funds have been looted by various corporate entities through creative accounting.

But if you're lower-middle class, even making $8 or $10 an hour, you can fall into that shitty place where you make too much for the govt to help you, but not enough to pay for individual health insurance and still cover the rent and whatnot. Then you just cross your fingers and pray that you never need to visit the hospital...
Yup. I believe the majority of people in the US have little or no health care coverage. I don't. In my case it's the result of a choice, but that doesn't excuse the US country from doing what every other civilised country in the world does- provide real healthcare for its citizens. It's f*cking shameful.

Sportsdude

prolapsed rectum?

How on God's Green Earth do you get a prolapsed rectum?
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Future Canadian

This health care situation is truly legalized extortion. My wife and I live in (financial) fear of catastrophic illness. So we cough up $600 a month to keep insurance which is ridiculous since we hardly ever go to the doctor and stay in decent shape. It really snaps the issue into focus when you actually pay the insurance bill out of pocket rather than see some numbers on a pay stub.[/DIV]Admin you are a hero for dealing with all that and this awesome new board.
...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others