Sorry, this just doesn't do it for me.

Started by TehBorken, Oct 04 06 03:35

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

Gaultier swaps Size O models for 'Size 20' [span class="artDate"]
Last updated at 16:51pm on 4th October 2006[/span]  - [a href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=408463&in_page_id=1770&ct=5"]Link[/a][span style="text-decoration: underline;"]

[/span]Fashion designer Jean Paul Gaultier found his own way to comment on the 'size zero' debate - by putting a larger model down the catwalk to show off his clothes.  Dressed in a daring black corsetry, the plus-sized model dwarfed her fellow waif-like catwalk queens. [/p]Clearly more of a size 20 than the controversial model Size 0, this voluptuous woman proved big is beautiful as she strutted down the runway at Gaultier's 30th anniversary show yesterday during fashion week in Paris. [/p]

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

purelife

Wow, what a huge gap!  Why couldn't he just go half way like size 10-12 ish?

Oh, then I could do it.  oOOooooOOOoooo... hee hee...

Sportsdude

fashion designers don't like normal people they like extremes.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

UGGGGG

THAT'S JUST REPULSIVE.

THEY PROBABLY HAD TO REINFORCE THE CATWALK FOR THIS MONSTER.

Lise

You go, girl!!!

Though I must say, that outfit is quite tasteless then again, I have never understood the fashion world.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Niether have I, I don't see people wearing these things ever. More oscar dresses are worn in public then catwalk stuff.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Mutilated Mind

TehBorken wrote:
Fashion designer Jean Paul Gaultier found his own way to comment on the 'size zero' debate - by putting a larger model down the catwalk to show off his clothes.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clearly no one here perceived Gaultier's sense of humor. A little of it was already showing through the veils when he outfitted Madonna with those conical bras, but as the time it was probably interpreted as bad taste by many (including myself).

Besides, in some cultures fat women are commonly perceived as beautiful - the fatter, the better. Some time ago I read something about girls in some remote locality in a northern African country which are almost forcefed by their mothers in order to gain weight and to be as attractive as possible to potential suitors. I think it was in National Geographic.

Gaultier may just be preparing for the future...

Mutilated Mind

TehBorken writes at the bottom of his posts:
I don't live on the edge, but sometimes I go there to visit.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't fall off. :)

TehBorken

Mutilated Mind wrote:
Don't fall off. :)

Too late.

Mutilated Mind

TehBorken wrote:
Too late.
------------------------

I guess you must have had a mobile phone with you...

Mutilated Mind

BTW, why do you call her a monster, UGGGGGG ?
I'll admit beauty is a matter of personal taste, but she didn't do anything to you, did she ?

TehBorken

Mutilated Mind wrote:

I don't know why you would think that. (??)

I do have a cell phone, but I don't browse the web or post from it. I'm just putzing around here like I do every day. Some days I pay close attention to the board and some days I don't.

TehBorken

Mutilated Mind wrote:
BTW, why do you call her a monster, UGGGGGG ?
I'll admit beauty is a matter of personal taste, but she didn't do anything to you, did she ?

I have to agree with this sentiment. Although I don't find her attractive at all, I thnk that people who make these kind of comments ("monster", etc) are probably some pretty sorry-assed human beings.

Moolah!

Hadn't macademe mentioned once her brief stint at modelling?

[A onclick="addImg('icon/icon_smile_clown.gif')" href="jvascript:void(0)"][/A]
*  Please unban me!! please please please  *

MUtilated Mind

TehBorken wrote:
Mutilated Mind wrote:

I don't know why you would think that. (??)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, why would I think that, eh.
You fell off the edge, and yet you were able to reach us ! That's why.