www.downwithtyranny.com

Started by Adam_Fulford, Feb 26 06 11:38

Previous topic - Next topic
|

49er

purelife wrote:
It's so nice to know that the dv moderators are so hated.  It makes me feel so good inside. :P

practicing what you preach......"If you can't convince them, confuse them"

academe

hey now, i don't understand why you all hate the moderators over at DV...they quickly removed a thread that had a nasty picture from Somalia...sometimes they do what you ask...but within reson you know?

I do wish they would hurry up and get DV the way DS is...it still feels strange here for me...being in the USA and all...I'm 100% Canadian...even if I have to muck around with trolls...

CK

Being 100% Canadian is great and all
(I am too), but Seattle is one of those towns that just welcomes you. Always has a coffee for you, or a cold brew and some live music.

P.C.

It never bothered me that we had our American friends on DV....I hope it doesn't bother them to have us on DS. (it sure doesn't bother me).  Loyalty is earned, and DV was fallins short.  Don't get me wrong....had some great times there, but when it goes through some of those nasty phases.....Blahhhhhhh.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

CK

I drink Coca-Cola too. That is American as it gets, no?

TehBorken

academe wrote:
hey now, i don't understand why you all hate the moderators over at DV..

Ithink I've said this before, but I believe the moderators on DV are essentially being handicapped by the administrators. My understanding is that they aren't given the tools they really need to do their job properly.

It's very easy to "blame the mods", but I think they're really being given the short and shitty end of the stick, both by the users and the adminstrators there. They're the visible "face" of DV and so if someone is upset about something they take the blame, warranted or not.

I can sympathize with them because I've been in their place, although not on DV. When something goes wrong, they get the blame for things that are often out of their control. I suspect that if people had to take their place for a week or two they'd realize it's not easy, and in fact sometimes it's impossible.

You never see the things they do that succeed because when they do succeed, nothing happens. That's "success", but it can't be seen...because they stopped whatever it was. It's like catching a leak in your ship just before it starts- you fixed it but there's nothing to see....[span style="font-style: italic; font-weight: bold;"]because[/span] it was stopped.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Sportsdude

I were roots, listen to cbc radio, watch cbc news, favourite hockey team is the canadiens, learning french, like the cold weather, and like to skate. Only thing I don't do is drink molson canadian. Oh and I drive a car completely made in Canada. And I follow canadian politics and culture and love canadian music. So I don't know what this has to do with the thread. Although I must admit because I don't get much social interaction anymore my english has turned into canadian/queen's english. And I have become some kind of ambassador of Canada to my friends.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

Maybe it has something to do with me talking about Canada 24/7, the giant Canadian Flag in my room, the Canadian key chain and briefly for a day (til pops got mad doesn't like bumper stickers) my canadian flag bumper sticker.

P.C.

LOL spotsdude.....I dare say, you know a whole lot more about Canada than I know about the States.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Conflicts are caused by misunderstandings. If we can't understand each other than we are prone to disagreements. Right now the whole North American Continent is not getting along. You got inner conflicts in the states with abortion and stem cell research, Canada has the Quebec issue. Mexico and the US don't along over the border issue. Canada and the US don't get along over a lot of things kyoto, softwood etc. [/DIV]We all need to understand each other and not single each other out.

Have albertans live with quebeckers for a month in montreal and quebec city and then switch having the quebeckers living in Alberta.

Have a anti abortion church going person room with an agnostic pro-abortion person

The mexican-american border issue is a tough one to answer because I feel for both sides.[/DIV]In fact in any conflict I feel for all sides. Especially if you loose, it sucks, it hurts and its painful.

purelife

Good Times, what do you mean that it's coming from a computer illiterate?  When the moderators submit the ip's, we have no way in finding out if it's a shared ip or not.  ONLY and ONLY the tech admins have "special" access to finding out how many posts were made by that ip address and/or if that ip is shared or not.  Do you really think that I'm illiterate and/or computer illiterate?  For you to generalize and say that "ALL THE MODS ARE F*CKING RETARED and blah blah.." is just so moronic!  First off, with limited powers, we can't do much.  And most of us use instinct and damn common sense when we delete a post or submit an ip for submission.  All we can see is an ip address and the word DELETE.  We can't trace posts by submitting an ip address.  (I wish!)  We can't bann people on the spot.  (I wish!)  We can't filter out ALL THE THREADS ON DV!  (I wish!)  And most of all, no moderator can do a 24/7 job FOR FREE!  We are so unappreciated it's not even funny anymore.  Most importantly, nothing is genuine coming from these "new" owners.  

Think of it this way, dv has been a freaking hellish rollercoaster. One week, we'll be banning trolls up the ying yang and another, it's totally dead quiet.  I'd like to adhere to the dead quiet side. :P

Why haven't I quit moderating?  Just because I still feel a part of dv and please, refrain yourself from giving me the lecture of "being in a co-marriage" crap.  Being a moderator is totally different than being a poster on dv.  And to have both, I already feel the responsibility ever since I had moderating, yet limited, "powers."

Ok...throw your tomatoes at me.  I'm ready!  :P

Good Times wrote:
[em]purelife wrote:
[/em][em]His ip could've been the same as the troll that was up for bannishment.[/em][/div][div][em][/em] [/div][div][em]P.C. was in the same situation a while ago.[/em][/div][div] [/div][div]These are typical of the moronic justifications coming from the computer illiterate. [/div][div] [/div][div]Such explanations do nothing to cover up DV admin/mod's utter ineptitude. On the contrary, they prove my point - that they're a bunch of clueless f*cktards. [/div][div] [/div][div]Don't assume that the rest of the world is equally ignorant.

purelife

49er wrote:
[em]purelife wrote:
[/em][em]It's so nice to know that the dv moderators are so hated.  It makes me feel so good inside. :P[/em][/div][div] [/div][div] [/div][div]practicing what you preach......"If you can't convince them, confuse them"
[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"][span style="font-weight: normal;"]Ok, I admit to using sarcasm.... :P[/span]

Adam_Fulford

The idea of hating moderators is laughable. I sure don't hate any moderators (even if they did banish me at DV)  

Adam_Fulford

I did post at DV under a number of handles, but I was never one of the ones posting hate messages.  Usenet is quite a nice way to quickly gauge how people respond to characters and statements --  a very useful tool for creative writing.

Good Times

Adam, I have a couple of very simple questions for you:

Are you on a shared IP?

And who else has access to the computer you used to visit DV?

|