Montreal

Started by Mutilated Mind, Oct 02 06 10:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Mutilated Mind

What about Montreal, Quebec ?
Does anyone live there ? Or did anyone spend some time at Montreal ?
What's the city like ?

I hope the people at this forum are open-minded enough to accept enlarging their views a bit (from Seattle to Montreal isn't that far) :)

Habs Rule!

Amazing Hockey team..haha!

cold winters (in relation to the west coast)

Night life that blows away most North American cities.

FRIENDLY to anglophones! (compared to the rest of Quebec).

Affordable housing compared to other Canadian big cities.

Not really a family city (unless out in a burb).

Good city for being single.

Not as beautiful as BC as far as the outdoors go.  

Sportsdude

Hockey team rules.

Winters very very cold lots and lots of snow.

The Island of Montreal is friendly but once you leave the island you will run into problems if you don't speak french.

Affordable housing only because of the referendums. The housing marketed plumeted after the last one and there's always that ? mark on the political climate.

Yeah its a great singles city

Nothing beats BC's beauty

Honestly I'm torn between the two cities Vancouver and Montreal.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Habs Rule!

Sportsdude wrote:
     Honestly I'm torn between the two cities Vancouver and Montreal.[/DIV]
 Hopefully the doctors can fix you up..

Mutilated Mind

Thanks, Habs Rule!. Did you visit the city ?

How cold does it usually get in the larger Montreal area ?
I'm not really interested in night life, but why is Montreal not a family city ?

Gopher

Yes, I wondered about its not being a family city too. How do you define this?
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Mutilated Mind

You seem to know Montreal well, Sportsdude. Have you had firsthand experience ? Or is Google a good friend of yours ? :)

And what's wrong with the political climate ?

Habs Rule!

I have been there a few times visiting cousins and for conventions with my work. I guess it would be ok to raise a family there. It is just such a howling sort of night town. I suppose I would rather raise kids in a quieter town. But really, to each their own. As far as crime goes, I believe it is not too bad though.

Sportsdude

Nope never been to Montreal. Just read a lot of history. When I talk about political climate I'm just talking about the "Quebec issue" don't bring it up for brothers and sisters turn against each other.  

Mutilated Mind

Sportsdude wrote:
don't bring it up for brothers and sisters turn against each other.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you mean "brothas and sistas" or are you speaking metaphorically ?

Sportsdude

I'm speaking politically speaking about Quebec soveriegnty is a no no. When I meant brothers and sisters I meant a family could be split on the issue like the civil war was for the people living in the inbetween states.

Mutilated Mind

I see. That's what I understood, you were speaking metaphorically like in the bible where metaphors are used a lot.

So the Quebec issue is about potentially splitting away from Canada, isn't it ?

Anglophone

Mutilated Mind wrote:
I see. That's what I understood, you were speaking metaphorically like in the bible where metaphors are used a lot.

So the Quebec issue is about potentially splitting away from Canada, isn't it ?
  Not so much as to split away from Canada, but to be sovreign. They want the economic adcantage of being in Canada, but want their own rules. Kind of what Scotland is to the UK...bot not exactly. Basically, having the best of both worlds. It will never happen. The economics wouldn't make sense. during sabre rattling by Quebec over this issue in the past has sent major corporations head offices to Toronto. CP Rail's head office moved to Calgary, etc.

Mutilated Mind

But does it making living in Montreal actually hard ?
I guess not, does it ?

Love Montreal!

Mutilated Mind wrote:
But does it making living in Montreal actually hard ?
I guess not, does it ?

The streets jammed packed full of beautiful girls in that city will make you very hard!