LOTTERY

Started by Brit_Guy, Sep 30 06 11:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Brit_Guy

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"]What would you guys do? I f you won the lottery.

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"][?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /][o:p] [/o:p]

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt 36pt; TEXT-INDENT: -18pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list 36.0pt"][SPAN style="mso-list: Ignore"](1)[SPAN style="FONT: 7pt 'Times New Roman'"]   [/SPAN][/SPAN]I would buy my mothers house for her, so she wouldn't have to worry about paying rent anymore.

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt 36pt; TEXT-INDENT: -18pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list 36.0pt"][SPAN style="mso-list: Ignore"](2)[SPAN style="FONT: 7pt 'Times New Roman'"]   [/SPAN][/SPAN]I would give 1 million to various children's charities.

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt 36pt; TEXT-INDENT: -18pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list 36.0pt"][SPAN style="mso-list: Ignore"](3)[SPAN style="FONT: 7pt 'Times New Roman'"]   [/SPAN][/SPAN]I would go back to my birthplace, [?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /][st1:place w:st="on"][st1:City w:st="on"]Taber[/st1:City], [st1:State w:st="on"]Alberta[/st1:State][/st1:place], just to see how the place has changed in 35 years, lol, well I was only 4 at the time.

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt 36pt; TEXT-INDENT: -18pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list 36.0pt"][SPAN style="mso-list: Ignore"](4)[SPAN style="FONT: 7pt 'Times New Roman'"]   [/SPAN][/SPAN]Buy myself a car.

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt 36pt; TEXT-INDENT: -18pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list 36.0pt"][SPAN style="mso-list: Ignore"](5)[SPAN style="FONT: 7pt 'Times New Roman'"]   [/SPAN][/SPAN]Buy myself a house in the country side.

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt 36pt; TEXT-INDENT: -18pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list 36.0pt"]

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt 36pt; TEXT-INDENT: -18pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list 36.0pt"]

CK

Depending how much?

But tour Europe and Australia. Learn to surf properly.

Gopher

Buy myself a house in the countryside, stock it with music, books and writing paper. Situate it in a land that was ever green and pleasant and where rain fell only by night. Then I'd build and furnish an extension for the use of anyone  who wanted to escape from life for two weeks "with no questions asked": they'd be fed and watered, of course.      
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

I would split it evenly with the people who mean the most to me.  With my share I would buy a reliable small car, and a condo outside of town.  The rest I would put into blue chip stocks.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

TehBorken

I have simple tastes, so if I won the lottery I'd just spend the money snorting coke out of a super-model's cleavage on my private desert island while simultaneously wiping my ass with the last remaining copies of my resume.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Mutilated Mind

These are very simple tastes indeed...but I won't argue your right to have them, TehBorken...

TehBorken

Mutilated Mind wrote:
These are very simple tastes indeed...but I won't argue your right to have them, TehBorken...

That's good, because I put a lot of thought into them.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

purelife

ooo....Teh's sex kitten.  

I don't want to win the lottery.  

Sportsdude

move to Vancouver and have a hut in the woods somewhere so I can live in peace and channel my inner hippie. lol.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

dolla dolla dolla bills

purelife wrote:
ooo....Teh's sex kitten.  

I don't want to win the lottery.  

umm..why not? I seem to remember things in Vancouver cost a little bit. Especially cars and housing?

purelife

Why not?  I've heard that people who have won large winnings (millions), that statistically, their life goes to a downhill after the first few years.  It shows that family members fight for the money, people commit suicide, people's health becomes worse, people start murdering people, and hatred sparks.  Hey, I know that this sounds negative but I don't believe in taking money that's not yours, that I didn't work for.  If I won a few thousands, great, but millions, that just creates more trouble and headaches that you don't need.

Jamie H

purelife wrote:
Why not?  I've heard that people who have won large winnings (millions), that statistically, their life goes to a downhill after the first few years.  It shows that family members fight for the money, people commit suicide, people's health becomes worse, people start murdering people, and hatred sparks.  Hey, I know that this sounds negative but I don't believe in taking money that's not yours, that I didn't work for.  If I won a few thousands, great, but millions, that just creates more trouble and headaches that you don't need.

I also heard of people paying off all their debts. Traveling the world, and living the good life.

I guess if a person doesn't care if they even have a house, never mind paying one off, then who cares hey??

If I bought a lottery ticket and won, then YES, it would be MY money, worked for it or not, legally, it would be mine.

purelife

I guess that I've been brainwashed to think that money is the root of all evil because people (ie. friends and family members) really do fight over money and so much bad luck can happen if one doesn't know how to deal with such a large winning.

But, like everyone else, paying off debts, travelling more, buying a house, two cars and all that materialistic things are always on our lists.  

Sportsdude

People come after you asking for money. Its common. What also is common some 50% of the US uses the lottery like its the retirement savings. There retirement plan is the lottery. How sad. And yet Bush wants these people to control there on social security checks? eck, I feel sorry for them.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

CK

I would really like to take purelife to the Eiffel Tower for brunch if I won the lottery...