Worst Song of All Time

Started by Trollio, Sep 29 06 07:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Trollio

What is the worst song of all time, in your opinion?

one must be intelligent to get intelligent answers.
— bebu

Schlub

"Play That Funky Music White Boy" by  Wild Cherry.

Puke-O-Rama to the max.

Sportsdude

Any song by Paris Hilton

Any song by Ashlee Simpson

Any Fall Out Boy Song

The same song they play on the radio every hour to stuff it down our throats.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weenie Yellow Polkadot Bikini.  Even the title is revolting.  
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

weird al

"Karma Chameleon" by Bore George.

kitten

The Lion Sleeps Tonight is another irritating song.  I remember when you couldn't turn on the radio without hearing it over and over.

Sportsdude

You know I don't like the guy I think he's kinda dumb but George Michael's I've been bad is hysterical. Why? Because he's making fun of himself when he got arrested for exposing himself in a public bathroom.

Its not on my worst song list. The top of the list would be any madonna/ michael jackson and George I'm a god damn sissy Strait!
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

Great topic, Trollio.  I'll be haunted all night by horrible songs that I wish I'd never heard.

Marik

Hmm... I kind of like MJ's "dont stop 'till you get enough // smooth criminal"
My worst song goes to the song that goes "I'm... too sexy for my shirt..." (not sure but it might have been by Right Said Fred)

Raver

I can't narrow it down to one.

Any song by Simple Plan - god I hate those whiney douchebags

Don't worry, Be Happy - Bobby McFerrin

almost any monotone mumbling song by 50 Cent.  I know the guy has been shot a bunch of times but he sounds like one of those shots was to his mouth.    

Trollio

[span style="font-style: italic; color: rgb(128, 0, 0);"] kitten wrote:[/span][br style="font-style: italic; color: rgb(128, 0, 0);"][div style="font-style: italic; color: rgb(128, 0, 0);"]The Lion Sleeps Tonight is another irritating song.  I remember when you couldn't turn on the radio without hearing it over and over.[/div]

Ah yes, another case of Whitey ruining things with his good intentions. The tolerable -- and original -- version of that is from Solomon Linda's Evening Birds, recorded in South Africa in the 1930s. The title is "Mbube", which ended up in Pete Seeger's hands as "Wimoweh", and then became the stupidity recorded by the Tokens.
— bebu

kitten

I have heard it sung in an African dialect and it was good.  I meant the one by the Tokens, which drove me nuts.

TehBorken

The one I hate is "Jimmy Don't Lose That Number". What a terrible f*cking song.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Trollio

Two come to mind for me, which are a bit obscure. You can hear a bit of them by clicking on the links.

[a href="http://music.barnesandnoble.com/search/mediaplayer.asp?ean=081227464523&disc=4&track=6"]Peanut Duck[/a] by Marsha Gee is a bit of garbage that makes me literally want to kill the artist with my bare hands. Imagine, if you will, a crack whore with no talent being let loose in a recording studio and just making idiotic quacking sounds offkey, bleating with a voice that sounds like she's been smoking non-filters since the age of five. The small clip linked above doesn't really show the full scope of the problem at all, but may give a general idea.

Then there's [a href="http://music.barnesandnoble.com/search/mediaplayer.asp?ean=081227464523&disc=2&track=27"]Egyptian Shumba[/a] by the Tammys. They were the girls you heard in every Lou Christie song (some will know Lou Christie as "that guy who had a fairly good voice as it was, but felt it necessary to take it into an annoying falsetto in order to have a gimmick", and recorded things like Lightning Strikes and Two Faces Have I). This song is so incredibly annoying that one wants to drag each of them together by neck shackles in front of a firing squad.

— bebu

weird al

"Two faces have I....wa-a-a-n to laugh and one  to cry...uh-uh uh-I". God how long I struggled to get that ghastly, furshlugginer piece of non-music out of my head, and now it's back! This will necessitate some serious drug therapy to get me back on an even keel....

...now then, where was I? Oh yeah, worst songs. Now In-aGadda-da-Vida might not be the worst, but it's a hall-of-famer for sure. Here's the intro:

Warning: the opening riff repeats endlessly and gets stuck when I try to turn it off. Also, it might get stuck in your head. Do not play this more than....even once  may be too much.

[A href="http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=Iron_Butterfly_In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida_Riff.ogg&wiki=en"]http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=Iron_Butterfly_In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida_Riff.ogg&wiki=en[/A]

...and here're the lyrics in their entirety for those who want to sing along to this 17-minute monstrosity:

In-a-gadda-da-vida, honey,
Dont you know that I love you?
In-a-gadda-da-vida, baby,
Dont you know that Ill always be true?

Oh, wont you come with me
And take my hand?

Oh, wont you come with me
And walk this land?

Please take my hand!

-repeat-

Speaking of bad songs getting stuck in your head, how about the Mary Tyler Moore theme song? Aaaaggghh!