12 Year Old Gives Birth - Again

Started by TehBorken, Sep 25 06 08:16

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

12 Year Old Gives Birth - Again [p align="justify"]"Well, it happened by accident, so I had to give birth to my child," says Bashtam Gorbunenko as she shrugs her shoulders. Bashtam lives in the village of Komsomolsky, in the Volgograd region. She turned 12 in February. [/p][table style="width: 216px; height: 191px;" align="right" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2"] [tbody][tr][/tr][tr][td]                                                           [table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="208"][tbody][tr][td][img]http://english.pravda.ru/img/idb/parents.jpg" alt="Bashtam (right) and Mikhail (left)" border="1"][/td][/tr][tr][td id="11"]Bashtam (right) and Mikhail (left)[/td][/tr][/tbody][/table]   [/td] [/tr][/tbody][/table]Bashtam gave birth to a baby boy several days ago. It is her second child, she gave birth to her first-born son Mitya a year ago. Bashtam was 11 at the time ([a target="_blank" href="http://english.pravda.ru/news/science/23-03-2006/english.pravda.ru/main/18/90/361/15909_underage.html"]article[/a]). [p align="justify"]Moskovsky Komsomolets published an article about Gorbunenko's family a year ago. Last August Bashtam assured our correspondent that she had no immediate plans to have another baby. [/p] [p align="justify"]Man proposes, God disposes or so the saying goes. Bashtam got pregnant again, and gave birth to another baby boy this September. The boy was named Ivan. Bashtam's labor was on time. Not unlike his younger brother, Ivan is said to have been born a healthy child. [/p] [p align="justify"]Bashtam and Mikhail, 21, cannot go to a registry office and have their relationship officially registered because she is far too underage. Mikhail is the father of both offspring. Nevertheless, they live together. Bashtam and Mikhail happen to share the surname despite being members of the only two Gypsy families in the village. The Gypsies are known for their common family names. [/p] [p align="justify"]Mikhail took the news about Bashtam's second pregnancy for granted. Disregarding the Gypsy tradition which forbids the father to partake in care of a baby, he promised support and help to Bashtam. [/p] [p align="justify"]These days Bashtam is breast-feeding two babies since her first son is just one year old. Despite being a teenager herself, Bashtam has plenty of milk in her mammary glands. The circumstance is apparently running in the family – Pavlina, Bashtam's mother, used to breast-feed her babies until they turned 3-4 years old. [/p]
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Raver

I'm sure her Uncle will make a good father.

EDIT:

OMG  I just re-read that.  The father is 21.  How is this guy not in jail?  

Wordlyburger

Raver wrote:
OMG I just re-read that. The father is 21. How is this guy not in jail?

Just accept for a fact that there are places where people don't live the same way as we do...

Sportsdude

key word in the article is Gypsy. Therefore, I'm not shocked that this happend.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Ruff

Sportsdude wrote:
key word in the article is Gypsy. Therefore, I'm not shocked that this happend.

And racist misconceptions rear their ugly head....shame on you sportsdude. This isn't common in the gypsy social structure or community.

Ruff

Wordlyburger wrote:
Just accept for a fact that there are places where people don't live the same way as we do...

That's right. The US or Canada isn't the whole damn world, people.

Does not play

sports, its like saying Canadians are all into hockey, where only 98% are!!!  

TehBorken

Does not play wrote:
sports, its like saying Canadians are all into hockey, where only 98% are!!!

Lol.  I've heard that 98% of of lawyers give the other 2% a bad name.

But seriously, ummm, 11 years old when she had the first baby? Yeesh. No way that's going to be a Good Thing© for the child.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Sportsdude

Do you even know what Gypsys are like in general? Family is from Hungary where a lot of gypsys come from out of transylvania. They are like hippies except they are poor, backwards, and mainly common criminals. They travel around in caravans. no joke. They are different people.

Sportsdude

throughout there entire exisitance they've been treated like shit. I feel for them because most of the time they are misunderstood.

For example its hard for them to find jobs. Why? Because of the name associated with them.

[A href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roma_people"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roma_people[/A]

Mutilated Mind

TehBorken wrote:
But seriously, ummm, 11 years old when she had the first baby? Yeesh. No way that's going to be a Good Thing© for the child.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frankly, I think it must be a terrible thing for a child of 11 years old to have a baby. Even if the girl has motherly feelings and wants the baby, she can't be ready for it, neither physically nor psychologically.

But there have been weird cases in history, such as a 5-yeard old girl giving birth. Yes - a 5-year old.

"In 1939, a man from a small village in the Andes mountains carried his five-year-old daughter Lina into a hospital in the town of Pisco, Peru. He indicated to the doctors there that the shamans in his village had been unable to cure the large tumor that was developing in her abdomen. Upon examination, the doctors learned that the swelling was not actually a tumor.

Dr. Gérado Lozada was told by Lina's father that she had been having regular periods since age three, but they had stopped about 7 1/2 months prior to the visit. He listened to the young girl's abdomen with a stethoscope, and heart a tiny second heartbeat. An X-Ray was also performed, after which there could be no doubt... to the doctors' astonishment, five-year-old Lina Medina was about seven months pregnant."

http://www.damninteresting.com/?p=236

Raver

Wordlyburger wrote:
Raver wrote:
OMG I just re-read that. The father is 21. How is this guy not in jail?

Quote "Bashtam and Mikhail, 21, cannot go to a registry office and have their relationship officially registered because she is far too underage"

Just because people don't live the same way we do doesn't mean this isn't seriously wrong on a basic child welfare level.  Even their own government recognizes this.  Canada's age of consent is 14 but if i go knock up a 14 year old, theres a pretty good chance I'm going to jail.

Worldlyburger

Raver wrote:

Quote "Bashtam and Mikhail, 21, cannot go to a registry office and have their relationship officially registered because she is far too underage

Just because people don't live the same way we do doesn't mean this isn't seriously wrong on a basic child welfare level. Even their own government recognizes this. Canada's age of consent is 14 but if i go knock up a 14 year old, theres a pretty good chance I'm going to jail.

Raver,
I am not talking about right or wrong. I am talking about the fact that in some places of the world, people don't live the same way we do.

You've heard about headhunters on Borneo, don't you ? I am sure they have had laws for a long time outlawing headhunting or eating the flesh of your slain enemies, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if to some degree, some headhunting has still gone on despite their laws. Probably not now anymore, but what I mean is it's not an easy matter to change people's customs or traditions overnight just because the government installs a few new laws.

BTW, my nick didn't appear in the right way the first time. It's Worldlyburger (for a reason)  :)

Raver

Worldlyburger wrote:

Raver,
I am not talking about right or wrong. I am talking about the fact that in some places of the world, people don't live the same way we do.

You've heard about headhunters on Borneo, don't you ? I am sure they have had laws for a long time outlawing headhunting or eating the flesh of your slain enemies, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if to some degree, some headhunting has still gone on despite their laws. Probably not now anymore, but what I mean is it's not an easy matter to change people's customs or traditions overnight just because the government installs a few new laws.

ok then worldlyburger.  You've convinced me.  I'm going to go get myself a 12 year old and get her pregnant.  Laws be damned!  It part of my gypsy heritage.[/DIV]

Worldlyburger

Raver wrote:

ok then worldlyburger. You've convinced me. I'm going to go get myself a 12 year old and get her pregnant. Laws be damned! It part of my gypsy heritage.

Sorry, Raver, but I don't think it works this way.   :P