Polar icecap melting accelerated

Started by Climateburger, Sep 25 06 06:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Climateburger

The arctic icecap (you know, the ice which covers the sea around the north pole) is melting down in accelerated mode. It's going much faster than scientists suspected.

They found that since the beginning of the 80's (about 25 years), about 31% of its surface has disappeared. Even in winter, its surface isn't the same anymore as before.

This is an incredible speed and I do hope people get alerted to it enough to secure themselves a grave more inland, where it won't be flooded.

TehBorken

Climateburger wrote:
The arctic icecap (you know, the ice which covers the sea around the north pole) is melting down in accelerated mode. It's going much faster than scientists suspected.

I believe all the hot air coming from the White House is probably a major cause.

Sadly, by the time everyone realizes that global warming is in fact a real problem, it'll be too late to do a damn thing about it.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Raver

Whats the big deal?  

Global warming means that in 10-20 years, Canada will be a tropical resort destination.  

Rising waters means more oceanside property will become available.

Soon we'll see girls gone wild alaska spring break edition.

In the real summer, we can all just stay indoors and pretend its like old school winter.  The difference being that instead of going outside and getting cold, you now burst into flames.

Its not all bad, quit being a pessimist.

Sportsdude

Ah no thats not what that means Raver.

For example those ice caps melt Vancouver would be partially underwater.

The prairies would become really dry and experience crop failures, livestock dying ect.

All that permafrost in the territories will melt. When they melt they release methane which is a toxic gas.

PEI would be no more  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Raver

Sportsdude wrote:

For example those ice caps melt Vancouver would be partially underwater.

The prairies would become really dry and experience crop failures, livestock dying ect.

All that permafrost in the territories will melt. When they melt they release methane which is a toxic gas.

PEI would be no more  Hmmm Someones sarcasm detector is broken

PJ and da Nare

What about the deserts? Will they just get drier and drier??

Raver

PJ and da Nare wrote:
 What about the deserts? Will they just get drier and drier??

The deserts will become vast beaches thanks to the ice caps melting.  Unfortunately nobody will be able to enjoy these beaches due to the fact that they will be on fire.  

This will give new meaning to the word sunburn.  

Sunscreen will no longer be rated by SPF.  It will now be marketed by the atomic weight of the lead it contains because thats what will be required to block the radiation.

Climateburger

Sportsdude wrote:

And right you are, Sportsdude.  :P

Raver

wow, what exactly are you guys taking seriously about my posts?

Virtualburger

Mutilated Mind

TehBorken wrote:

I believe all the hot air coming from the White House is probably a major cause.

Sadly, by the time everyone realizes that global warming is in fact a real problem, it'll be too late to do a damn thing about it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you too believe a bit of Bush bashing is the answer to our problems ?

There must be a lot more hot air than this, I am sure... and not just from the White House...

Raver

Mutilated Mind wrote:

So you too believe a bit of Bush bashing is the answer to our problems ?

There must be a lot more hot air than this, I am sure... and not just from the White House...

The lack of sense of humor in this thread is truely staggering.  

purelife

I have nothing, absolutely nothing to add.  

purelife

That Day After Tomorrow movie was good.

Anyone watched it?  

purelife

Oh, could someone bless me a few more times.  I'm afraid that global warming would knock the sails out of me.  umm, whatever that means. LOL.