Touchy Muslims

Started by TehBorken, Sep 16 06 09:29

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

Okay, so the Pope made some comments about how Muslims seem to be a bit violent in their teachings.

In response they riot, burn stuff in the streets, go on a global rampage and call for the death of anyone who disprespects the Prophet. It appears that any criticism of the Muslim faith or any of its leaders, even when measured and civil, will prompt large scale rioting, fiery speech, and violence.

Did I get that right?

If you publish a picture of Mohammed, they mark you for death. Yes, death! You should die for drawing a cartoon that says they might be a tad violent.

It all makes sense to me now, lol.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

soapbox

from what i understand the Pope was trying to intiate an academic dialouge specifically on jihad / holy war as dictated from the koran.

seems like the message or rather the 13th century quote,was focused on by the muslim world.

instead of moderate muslims being preoccupied by the christian church,they should instead focus their energy on answering islamist and radical elements within their own community thereby stopping the growth of misguided extremists.