montreal shooting

Started by soapbox, Sep 13 06 02:35

Previous topic - Next topic

soapbox

very sad.

no mention of a motive.  

Sportsdude

Nope no mention. 1 killed (shooter) 20 injured all going to survive.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

I heard the gun used was smuggled illegally. So maybe this will finally make the government take illegal gun trade seriously.

Gopher

We could all help by joining one of the campaigns against the arms trade.

I recently came across an 'unspent' bullet and intially thought, "that one was wasted", I later realised how much more of a waste it would have been had it provoked the death or injury for which it was manufactured.    
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

Where did you find the bullet?

Canada needs tougher border security and screening to stop illegal guns coming in from America which are killing people on Canadian streets.    

CK

I guess his gun was legal and registered? Not 100% sure. Media never gives the real facts.

doesn't really matter if it was registered or not, it wouldn't have stopped the monster.

The thing is, Montreal is not a violent place. You have a better chance of getting drunk when you leave your house, rather than getting mugged.

Gopher

Sportsdude wrote:
 Where did you find the bullet?

In the garden, I had it identified and found that it was a relic from WW2.    

A fool's paradise is better than none.

soapbox

weapon was registered and purchased legally at a montreal gunshop.

no criminal history or relationship to the college.

just a true socialpath who snapped and started killing randomly.

happy this  freak who went haywire is dead by his own hand.

my sympathies to the deceased and injured.

Lise

Justice was not delivered because he committed sucide. Such a tragedy! My symphaties to the de Sousa family and friends.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

TehBorken

Sportsdude wrote:
 [div style="font-style: italic;"]Canada needs tougher border security and screening to stop illegal guns coming in from America which are killing people on Canadian streets.[/div]  
From what I understand it was purchased legally within Canada by a Candian citizen and had nothing to do with America or Americans.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Sportsdude

When I was talking about illegal guns Tehborken I was mainly talking about the Toronto shootings.

Lise

It doesn't matter. Guns kill and in the wrong hands could spell disaster.

I often wonder about sites that promote hatred..... I'm thinking of the shooter, Kimveer Gill who frequented the site VampireFreaks.com. He has posted many remarks on the site, even showing off a picture of himself holding the riffle that killed Anastasia and wounded many others. Should a site like this be shut down? Then again how does one stop the freedom of speech? Where do you begin? Tougher gun laws or shutting down sites like VampireFreaks? Where does one draw the line?

So many questions unanswered but I think it will become more positive as the government take a harder look at gun registry in BC.  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lise

Oopps. I mean, not just in BC but across Canada.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Well, VampireFreaks will I bet insitute agreements. Like for instance you can't post certain things on youtube, tinypic, myspace etc. Vampire Freaks will got that route or just completely fold.

Some people are mentally disturbed and we as a society need to know the signs between someone who is becoming mentally disturbed to someone who is just going through a phase or experimenting.

Lise

I do feel moderators on sites like that should inform the authorities though..... think of DV with all its racists/sexists comments. Freedom of speech my foot. There are a lotta sickoes on that site but not much will be done to these posters other than the odd bannings here and there. But that won't stop them from coming back.
Bill Cosby.