Please remember what Labour day is actually about this weekend

Started by Sportsdude, Sep 03 06 05:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

I know its the end of summer but Labour day is about unions. Sadly unions are losing power and corporations are killing them by firing employees that try to start one. Unions are about the working person, making there life better. Please remember the unions while your shopping or boating or doing whatever this holiday weekend.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

But then, there are those who are in unions who take advantage of the system to the n'th degree knowing that they won't get fired.... ahhh, complicated.  

Sportsdude

There will always be someone in any system that will abuse it.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

Why do most people celebrate Labour Day by not working?  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

Labour Day is to remind us of all the people who don't have to work while we continue slaving!
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

CK

sports, I worked many years as part of a union, and unions are not always the answer. If you can find a good deal with a good company, with good benefits, and no union involvement, you are way better off.

Where I work now, is non-union, and our people get way better benefits and bonuses. Don't get me wrong, unions had their place at one time. But the shit I seen, would make you sick. Guys on construction crews shooting up heroin, but taking 6 tries to get him fired, after much help offered to the individual. I could sit here all day and give you examples.

Just too many people abusing the system. if the abusing didn't happen, unions would work just fine.

TehBorken

kitten wrote:
Labour Day is to remind us of all the people who don't have to work while we continue slaving!

[span style="font-weight: bold; background-color: rgb(0, 0, 255); color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"]WORK HARDER- MILLIONS ON WELFARE DEPEND ON [/span][span style="font-style: italic; font-weight: bold; background-color: rgb(0, 0, 255); color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"]YOU[/span][span style="font-weight: bold; background-color: rgb(0, 0, 255); color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"]![/span]

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.