VANCOUVER OR SEATTLE?!?! WHICH IS BETTER

Started by JOHNNY BOY, Sep 02 06 10:25

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Future Canadian

[span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"] CK wrote:[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"][em style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"][/em][span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"] Portland is another town that stole my heart. One afternoon/night on Hawthorne and I was hooked on that city. This neighborhood fought to keep McDonalds out of its area, and the last I heard, they won! I raise my beer to that![/span]

Cheers! Yes, we did end up winning. There is now a glass and steel condo building there now instead. I love Hawthorne especially since I live on it (PM me if you're ever through here again CK, we'll burn one and grab a barley pop). Y'all who love nightlife would love my house - I'm around the corner from four or five bars/clubs and the best pizza in town (Apizza Scholls, amazing crust, great toppings)
I think I've said it before that SF, Portland, Seattle, Van are all similar variations on a theme. Which one you like better will depend on what you want out of a city/country. I agree with everything everyone's said aboot Seattle and Vancouver so far. I'd pick Vancouver, personally.
And on the subject of patriotism-I much prefer the Canadian style of quiet pride, rather than littering streets and cars and sweaters with flags.

...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

CK

Cool! I didn't know you were in that neck of the woods FC!  Yeah, there is something about Portland that I have never seen in any other city. I have a friend that lives there, sounds like it is close to you. She was from LA originally, she says Portland is a dream in comparison. She lives just off of Division St., between 26th and 32nd.

I live in Calgary, and it does have a bad rep for big box stores, chains, etc. But, where I live kind of reminds me of Hawthorne, but with less nightlife. I am close to Kensington in the inner city. Lots of cool coffee shops, (indie coffee shops too), great pubs, record shops (vinyl), hemp shops, etc.

Sounds good, if I am down that way, I will write you a PE. I am kind of past my nightlife age, but still love a good pub and a cold brew..or 4..or more..Last September, I camped along the Oregon coast, very beautiful! Also, if you are ever around Calgary, feel free to contact me. Some of the best skiing in N. America is within 1.5 - 2 hours from my house.

Raul

I think Seattle is better, just coz it's in the U.S..  

sELloUOTT

Raul wrote:

coz?

P.C.

I've always liked well thought-out logic and reasoning.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c028.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

|