VANCOUVER OR SEATTLE?!?! WHICH IS BETTER

Started by JOHNNY BOY, Sep 02 06 10:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

Never been there, drove past it but never went to a concert there. The place is famous now. Its the place if your a band and you have a concert there you've offically 'made it'.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

CK

I seen Lollapalooza in 92 (or 93?? it was all a blur), at the Gorge and it was the best time I ever had at a concert.

I do know a lot of Vancouver folks that go to Seattle for Seahawks games too. By the busloads. Not a big football guy myself.

kitten

I've never been to Lollapalooza (that crowd thing), but I gather it was a huge success again this year.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

The concert that made Red Rocks pretty famous:

[A href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1CCMqm1EBg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1CCMqm1EBg[/A]  

Sportsdude

Coolest stadium in the NFL that Qwest Field:

Love to watch games there on TV. Loved to go there in person.

kitten

Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

CK

That is cool! I went to a Seahawks game when I was younger and it was at the Kingdome. It was like a large version of BC Place.

Besides hockey, Seattle is definately a bigger sports town. Even hockey, they have 2 WHL teams, (well, one is in Everett.)

I think Canadians prefer NFL over CFL anyways.

Sportsdude

Yeah it reminds me of a football stadium in Europe.

Another great stadium of University of Washington's stadium.

Mainly for its views on a lake.  

Sportsdude

Well then I guess I'm a rarity I'd prefer to watch a CFL game. The weather is wacky (nothing like seeing a game in Saskatoon in the middle of winter) and they are forced to pass more and the bigger field. I was a lineman in high school best team in the state played a game in front of 15,000 people once and lost. We never made it to the championship game but the AP of Missouri still voted us 2nd that year, we were that good. Never lost a game all season. Blew out everyone by 50 points. *starting to tear* oh the good old days. Well we'll see what everyone's like in 25 years when they name something after are team at the high school and we have to show up

CK

I don't mind CFL. Its like the little engine that could. Pushing through the bad years of poor attendance and low TV ratings. Wider fields, but also 1 more player on the field.

If I go to a live game, it is a lot more fun than on TV. Yesterday was the Labour Day classic in Calgary vs. Edmonton, it is a tradition that goes way back. I never went, we were driving back from camping.

Sportsdude

Oh cool.

I was talking about my high school team found the record we had that year.  

CK

That is sweet! Must have been exciting. I just played hockey throughout school, and just for just fun afterwards.

I know some folks so into the NFL, they spend the entire Sunday in front of a TV? My Sundays are too precious to sit in front of the idiot tube all day. (believe me, I do like watching sports too..ahem! HNIC... just not all day).  I want my son to grow up enjoying activities and sports, not just watching them.

Sportsdude

yeah I'm looking at the scores

41 to 0

43 to 7

31 to 14

41 to 27

46 to 6

49 to 10

33 to 17

21 to 0

58 to 14

9 to 0 (that was the game where a fan attacked one of our players on the field almost escalated to a gun shoot out, cops came)

13 to 7 (went into the bootheel of the state got racial slurs thrown at us by the racist 'dog pound' they had cops came arrested the fools)

7 to 13 (number 1 team in the state and we had to go into a farming community again the whole town showed up, 15,000 people at a game. Best player broke his finger, doc couldn't pop it into place. Then our star tight end who had a spread in the paper about him that morning dropped a wide open pass which would have made us one the game.) depressing  

Lise

Well, to be honest, I'm partial to Vancouver. It's has a great city life and the air is way cleaner than Seattle. (sorry, Seattle folks)

Best part about BC - it ain't the States so cheers!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Well to Seattle's defence the Pugeot Sound would be so polluted if Victoria stopped dumping there human waste and trash into the straits.

|