VANCOUVER OR SEATTLE?!?! WHICH IS BETTER

Started by JOHNNY BOY, Sep 02 06 10:25

Previous topic - Next topic
|

JOHNNY BOY

where do you guys think is better?

I personally think Vancouver cuz the laws are more slack and theres a bit of a better nightlife, I always have fun when i go there :)  let me know what you guys think
 [/div][div]

kitten

I don't think it is a matter of which is the better city. They are both great, just different.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

Well if you go by transportation wise. You don't need a car to live in Vancouver if you live by skytrain and when Canadian line and Evergreen line open those people who drive cars from richmond to moody to work downtown wouldn't have to.

Seattle on the other hand while its building a line. Its still eons away from Vancouver.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

OHMYGOD

Vancouver is by far better, you said it yourself.

Johnny

Seattle has way more to do than Vancouver. Seattle has a thriving music scene with tons of local events and venues. Seattle nightlife kills Vans period. Vancouver has Stanley park and a walkable downtown and that's about all. If livability to you is staring at the mountains and taking a walk in the park after a lunch of cheap sushi than Vancouver is it. If culture is what makes a city livable to you, then it's Seattle.

www.blazingsamples.com

i would say vancouver because of the sticky icky

Sportsdude

Johnny may I ask whay music scene? Grunge died years ago. Vancouver has its own indie scene heck on itunes under Canada they have a section called 'Vancouver Pop'. Seattle doesn't have its own itunes catagory.

Johnny

Sportsdude wrote:
<DIV>Johnny may I ask whay music scene? Grunge died years ago. Vancouver has its own indie scene heck on itunes under Canada they have a section called 'Vancouver Pop'. Seattle doesn't have its own itunes catagory.</DIV>
Sportsdude, grunge was not even the first wave of music to come from Seattle. Look on wikipedia under Arts in Seattle for more on this. Grunge was just the first genre to recieve the worlds attention and really put Seattle in the conciousness of music fans. Since then the music scene has diversified even more and is still turning out internationally recognized acts. Examples are Modest Mouse, Band of Horses (on letterman last month) the blood brothers, death cab for cutie (bellingham based) and also nearby Olympia has a great music scene all its own. There are also tons of music festivals, venues and recording studios where bands come to record with some of Seattle's more well known producers like Phil Ek ( the Shins, Built to Spill etc..) Vancouver has a small music scene that any city of any substantial size should and usually has, but it is in no way on the level of Seattle.

kfldsg

CK

JOHNNY BOY wrote:
where do you guys think is better?

I personally think Vancouver cuz the laws are more slack and theres a bit of a better nightlife, I always have fun when i go there :)  let me know what you guys think

Both cities are great. As for nightlife, I don't know about nowadays because I am past the nightlife days, but back in the 90s, the nightlife in Seattle made Vancouver's look like Sunday school. Seattle always had a lively music scene too (besides Sub Pop). I love both cities.

Don't let this turn into a DV style "my city is better than your city" argument.

kitten

I'm not interested in nightlife either, but both cities rate highly in livability.

CK

One thing Washington has that BC is missing!?

The Fu*king GORGE ROCKS!!!

[img alt="Hosted by FreeImageHosting.net Free Image Hosting Service" src="http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/b0e83e4d48.jpg"]  

kitten

I don't really like crowds, but for someone who does, it looks amazing.  I like the Jazz Fest in Vancouver.

Sportsdude

As a midwesterner who's second favourite american city is Denver I take great pride and say I can one up you:

Red Rocks

kitten

|