President Bush 'assassinated' in new TV docudrama

Started by TehBorken, Aug 31 06 07:52

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

[h1 class="article"]President Bush 'assassinated' in new TV docudrama[/h1] [img]http://img.dailymail.co.uk//i/pix/2006/08/PresidentC4_228x163.jpg" alt="" height="163" width="228"]                      [p class="caption"][font size="1"]Bush is shot by a sniper in a scene from Death of a President.[/font] [/p]                                                                                                                                                                                                  This is the dramatic moment when President George Bush is gunned down by a sniper after a public address at a hotel, in a gripping new docudrama soon to be aired on TV.[/p]Set around October 2007, President Bush is assassinated as he leaves the Sheraton Hotel in Chicago.[/p]Death of a President, shot in the style of a retrospective documentary, looks at the effect the assassination of Bush has on America in light of its 'War on Terror'.[/p]The 90 minutes feature explores who could have planned the murder, with a Syrian-born man wrongly put in the frame.[/p]Peter Dale, head of More4, which is due to air the film on October 9, said the drama was a "thought-provoking critique" of contemporary US society.[/p]He said: "It's an extraordinarily gripping and powerful piece of work, a drama constructed like a documentary that looks back at the assassination of George Bush as the starting point for a very gripping detective story.[/p]"It's a pointed political examination of what the War on Terror did to the American body politic.[/p]"I'm sure that there will be people who will be upset by it but when you watch it you realise what a sophisticated piece of work it is.[/p]"It's not sensationalist, or simplistic but a very thought-provoking, powerful drama. I hope people will see that the intention behind it is good."[/p]The film will premier at the Toronto Film Festival in September and was written and directed by Gabriel Range.[/p]

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.