Sheryl Crow has Breast Cancer.

Started by Sportsdude, Feb 24 06 08:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

Sad. It always has to happen to good people.

[P class=ldrkorangebold]Sheryl Crow Treated for Breast Cancer

February 24, 2006

"The Insider"'s [CELEB]MARC MALKIN[/CELEB] has confirmed to ET that [CELEB name="SHERYL CROW" year=""][A href="http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hc&id=1800025856&cf=gen" target=_new]SHERYL CROW[/A][/CELEB] underwent surgery for minimally invasive breast cancer on Wednesday. A spokesperson for Crow says that doctors confirm her prognosis as excellent and that she will receive radiation treatment as a precaution. Crow's spokesperson added that, "with much regret, she must postpone her complete tour of North America which was scheduled for March/April," but that it is her "intention to reschedule as much of the tour as reasonably possible."

A statement from Crow reads:

"Approximately 1 in 7 American women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime and more than 2 million Americans are living with breast cancer today. I am joining the more than 200,000 women who will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year.

We are a testament to the importance of early detection and new treatments. I encourage all women everywhere to advocate for themselves and for their future. ­ See your doctor and be proactive about your health.

More than 10 million Americans are living with cancer, and they demonstrate the ever-increasing possibility of living beyond cancer. I am inspired by the brave women who have faced this battle before me and grateful for the support of family and friends."

Just over two weeks ago, the 44-year-old singer and seven-time Tour de France bicycling champion LANCE ARMSTRONG announced their surprise split. The two became engaged in September, 2005.

For assistance to help survivors face the everyday physical, emotional and practical challenges of cancer through education, qualified referrals and counseling services, Sheryl recommends calling LIVESTRONG SurvivorCare at 1-866-235-7205.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Imsayin

shitty...i hope she gets well.