Avocados

Started by Adam_Fulford, Aug 27 06 12:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam_Fulford

Avocado consumption has been linked to increased rates of pregancy and violent crime.  Why is that?

This question has been bothering me so much, I nearly crashed my 18-wheeler into a ditch.

purelife

I have nothing to add except that I LOVE avocados....mmmm....yummy...especially in salads or mixed with cottage cheese  

kitten

I tried hard, but never could develop a liking for avocados.  Considering the calories in them, maybe it's just as well!
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

purelife

True, it's extremely high in fat, moreso than a handful of cashews or peanuts but they are the best fat out there.    

kitten

I'm sure they're healthy, but I'll still pass.

kingy

i like them in cali rolls.

Lise

Avacadoes contain the good fats and more ppl should eat them. Like eggs, they can boost your good cholesterol but must be eaten in moderation.

I have no problems with these delicious fruits. I love them in my california rolls, salads or just eating them as is.

[P class=sthd1green]Benefits of [SPAN class=sthdorange]Avocado[/SPAN]

Considered to be an almost complete food – so much so that in certain parts of the world babies are weaned using mashed avocado. Native to Central America and has been cultivated for thousands of years, they are rich in potassium and vitamin A. Avocado is also used traditionally to heal skin problems. The pulp is also believed to be both anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.  Precaution: Do not eat avocados or take any products containing avocados if you are using the antidepressant monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOI). Avoid eating large amounts of avocado if you'd like to lose weight, because they are high in calories.

Benefits of Avocado:

1. Avocado has been used traditionally to help people with sexual problems.

2. Great antioxidant and can be used for skin disorders

3. Avocado will aid healing for people suffering from digestive and circulatory problems

4. Another benefit of avocado for the skin where avocado paste can be applied to rashes and rough skin to make it smoother.

5. The brighter the fruit, the more beta-carotene (the substance that helps to prevent cancer) your avocado contains.

Source: [A href="http://www.oohoi.com/natural%20remedy/everyday_food/avocado.htm"]http://www.oohoi.com/natural%20remedy/everyday_food/avocado.htm[/A]

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Orca

I bet no one drink their avocados like I do (yet)... with coffee syrup and ice...

Sportsdude

Believe it or not I don't think I can remember eating an avocado. When I think of green stuff, I think of guacamole because I frequent the mexican cantinas.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Hey Orca, I have tried drinking avacado in a Vietnamese cafe. It was...... thick. Too thick for my liking.

* oh ah..... sounds dirty........................*
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

oye Lise is thinking dirty thoughts again....
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

OHMYGOD

Umm, sportsdude, you have been eating avocado.  I'm not sure if you're aware of it or not but guacamole's main ingredient is avocado.    

soapbox

it's true,researchers have found an enzyme in avocados that stimulates a response region in the brain linked to fight or flight.

eat too many of these things pretty soon you could be seriously psychotic.

there was a case in boston last year.a guy ate 15 in a row...next thing he is screaming and ranting on the street at people.

watch out.

kitten

So I can attribute my non-violent nature to the fact that I don't eat avocados in any form, including guacamole.

soapbox

other foods that have a similar effect:

lima beans

popcorn

yellow corn

rye

squash

apples