A Pat on the Back...

Started by meloncollie, Aug 22 06 01:30

Previous topic - Next topic

meloncollie

I declare today, "Pat on the back, Tuesday!" I'll start out with giving myself a pat-- you can follow with one for yourself, or some other deserving person.

I recently survived 4 part-time night shifts in a plant with unsafe, non-ergonomic and unintentionally racially-insensitive work conditions. Walking around was tough the week before, because of complications I'm having from medications, but bygolly if I didn't manage to keep standing for 4 hours each night. I'm damned proud of myself for lasting that long...and for making a little bit of money, too. And, I'm proud that I didn't get down in the dumps because this kind of work, at this rate of pay, is not what I bargained for when I graduated from college, hehehe.

What's your pat on the back?

You give love a bad name.

meloncollie

Oh, and another pat on the back to...

Well, you know who are... you got your driver's license and so far you haven't killed anyone! Hooray for you, you good looking devil.

You give love a bad name.

Sportsdude

tenkani finally got his drivers oh my!
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

My pat on the back is for adopting a cat from the S.P.C.A.  It's harder for adult cats to find a new home, so that is why I chose an adult.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

I think I'll give myself a pat on the back for not coming over the counter and pummeling a particularly obnoxious client today.  I'm sure I would have had the full support of the 11 people behind him......and I believe I'll give myself a second pat on the back because I was dangerously close to tears, but I managed a full out smile and greeting for the next person in line.

What a week I had today !!!!!!
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

I give myself a pat everyday for just surviving my two year old's tantrum.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.