Dog Bath Ends in Fatal Mauling

Started by TehBorken, Aug 22 06 12:40

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

Woman fatally mauled while bathing dog
[font size="1"]Aug. 20, 2006, 1:58AM
© 2006 The Associated Press[/font]

CORAL SPRINGS, Fla. — A woman who was fatally mauled by her dog was trying to give it a bath when it attacked, police said.

Shawna Willey, 30, died Friday. Her daughter apparently witnessed the attack by the 120-pound Presa Canario and alerted a neighbor who called authorities, Coral Springs Police spokesman Rich Nicorvo said.

It was not clear what made the dog attack, Nicorvo said. When police arrived at the house, the officers saw the dog standing over the woman's body in the backyard near the swimming pool.

The dog made aggressive movements toward officers when they entered the yard, so they shot and killed it. A coroner will determine Willey's exact cause of death. [span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 128, 255);"](I'm guessing it'll be something like "gunshot wounds", but I could be wrong.... -tb)[/span]

Willey was cited in Hillsborough County several years ago for having dangerous dogs, according to court records.

[a href="http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/nation/4128913.html"]http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/nation/4128913.html[/a]
[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]
Please allow me to be the first one to say "Duh".

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Aboozer

That's crazy. Why would they have to determine the cause of the death of the dog though.
I am who I am, love me or hate me...f*ck you if you don't like it.

NOW WHERES MY BEER!

kingy

i think you guys read that wrong. the coroner will determine the person's cause of death, not the dog.

what is the world is a presa canario and why does it weigh 120lbs?

Aboozer

aaah that makes sense.

It was tehborken's fault for pushing me in that direction.
I am who I am, love me or hate me...f*ck you if you don't like it.

NOW WHERES MY BEER!

wow