Movies that scared you to death as a Kid

Started by Sportsdude, Aug 20 06 09:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

Okay now don't laugh because some of these movies I could not get through as a child. I'm a mamma's boy and whenever someone is lost or a parent dies I got really upset as a kid.

Land Before Time: Never got past the first 5 minutes after the mother dies kept thinking about my mom, cried a bunch and then turned it off.

Brave Little Toaster: Creepy cartoon, to dark and scary.

The Last Fern Gully: Quite possibly the darkest, scariest cartoon ever made.

Sesame Street Presents: Follow That Bird: This movie is suppose to be funny. Big bird getting kidnapped and turning blue and lost not funny. Waylon Jennings creeped me out in the film. And he was suppose to be the comic relief.

Christmas Eve on Sesame Street: I think this is the one. Yeah it is. Big Bird is lost in the snow late at night freezing. Alone. Not fun. Made me cry think of mother.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Zakelwe

Not a movie, but The Outer Limits used to scare the living crap out of me as a kid. I remember watching it while hiding behind the couch, lol. No lie.  

Future Canadian

Poltergeist was the first movie that really scared the crap outta me. Looking at the sparse and rudimentary special effects in that movie now, compared to what kids could see today, things were really quite simple then.  
...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

Sportsdude

Speaking of movies that might scare kids There were little kids who had to be no more then 5 at the theatre I was seeing Snakes on a Plane. A little girl left after the death of the horny couple doing the mile high club in the airplane bathroom.  

kitten

I think it was the first movie I ever saw.  It was sometime in the early fifties and I think it was called Invaders from Mars or something like that.  I absolutely terrified me, especially when a gigantic spider dropped down on someone that was going through a cave or tunnel.  The details are indistinct now, but I'll never forget screaming and throwing my popcorn from my balcony seat all over the people below!  
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

Invaders from Mars 1953

[A href="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0045917/"]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0045917/[/A]

P.C.

The Diary of Anne Frank.  That movie is stuck in my mind permanently.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Never saw that movie but I did see the play and someone yelled "She's upstairs" when they came to get her.  

kitten

Sportsdude wrote:
 Invaders from Mars 1953

[A href="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0045917/"]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0045917/[/A][/DIV]
 Yes, that's the one I meant.  I also remember Cleopatra with Elizabeth Taylor somewhere around '54.  The snake scene freaked me out.  I told my older sister to let me know when the snake was gone because I couldn't watch.  There is no way on this earth I'm going to watch Snakes On A Plane.  I won't even watch the commercials!  Do you get the idea I don't like snakes?  

Sportsdude

The only snake I've ever seen in the wild was a huge black snake in the forest behind my cousins house on an atv and a garden snake that came right up to my foot but my friend at the time bashed it with a bat. If we had known that garden snakes are good I doubt we would have killed it.  

Lise

Hmmm................. I remember a scene vividly from Superman 2 when he gave up his superpower to become human. He locked himself up in this crystal box and they showed his skull.... that was really scary. Couldn't sleep for a long time.

I don't enjoy horror movies now............. so anything basically scare the sh..... t outta me.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

CK

Carrie scared the crap out of me when I was little. Mind you, my sister hid behind the couch as I was watching it and she reached around and grabbed my ankle right at the scene where the hand comes out of the grave and grabs the girl. That kept me up for a couple nights.

kitten

They would be peeling me off the ceiling if that happened to me.  That's positively evil!!!

purelife

I didn't watch many movies when I was a kid.

But, I could tell you many movies that I would never watch as an adult because these would scare me...ie, scary/thriller movies.

Final Destination was gorry and that is about it that I would watch.

49er